125cc Sportsbikes Forum: gfr done - 125cc Sportsbikes Forum

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

gfr done few pics

#1 User is offline   kitess 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 34
  • Joined: 14-December 05

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:42 PM

well took whole bike apart cleaned and lubed up all nuts new fork seals etc put some petrol in few prods of started and hey presto runs as smooths a a nut
nice little bike had one years ago when they 1st came out.

Attached File(s)


This post has been edited by lllN30lll: 09 July 2009 - 04:02 PM


Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

  • 125CCSportsBikes.com



#2 User is offline   SteveM 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 02-July 08

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

Hi,

it looks really nice, not quite got my yellow SP02 back in road worthy nick yet, now theres a bloody intermittent fault with the starter motor that was seized. I think it's something to do with the positive connector ( internally) on the motor.

works fine after a fiddle off the bike but when i bolt it back up it plays up. Aslo see mu previous post on oil mix, the oil mixing has been completely bypassed and all pipes removed so the fuel has to be premixed. I managed to download a Crono manual and can now see the the entrance in the engine case were the oil feel went into the pump has been seized with silicon or similar.

have you any idea what the difference is between the Crono, GFR and SP02 and how many parts are interchangeable.

Cheers

Steve

#3 User is offline   marc54rg 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Racer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 328
  • Joined: 01-February 08
  • Location:Lincs/Wigan-Lancs

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

looks spankin mate :)

#4 User is offline   Kickstart 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Boffin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,155
  • Joined: 03-February 04

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

View PostSteveM, on Jul 14 2008, 10:06 PM, said:

have you any idea what the difference is between the Crono, GFR and SP02 and how many parts are interchangeable.


Think a fair few bits are interchangeale, but doubt all. Think the older models had a cable rev counter for example (not 100% sure).

All the best

Keith

#5 User is offline   Jonny 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes God
  • Group: Supporters
  • Posts: 12,087
  • Joined: 04-October 03
  • Location:Hitler's Bunker

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:58 PM

looks awsome, bet you have some fun on that on the back lanes

#6 User is offline   tzrman1984 

  • Lives The Skinhead Life
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,391
  • Joined: 30-March 04
  • Location:devon

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:09 AM

nice bike chap , seem to be very rare

#7 User is offline   kitess 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 34
  • Joined: 14-December 05

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

rare to find in very good nick have only ridden it around block as havent taxed it etc as was thinking of selling it as have too many bikes.

#8 User is offline   quantum sheep 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Racer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 455
  • Joined: 15-November 07
  • Location:YOOOOOOOOORKSHIRE

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

I think them gileras really do look sexy. Might have to get myself one!

How's finding bits for them? Any reliable dealers? Things like pistons n rings would be prime concerns.

#9 User is offline   chadz 

  • Lets do this
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,360
  • Joined: 31-January 06
  • Location:blackburn lancs

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

looks nice that fella

#10 User is offline   kitess 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 34
  • Joined: 14-December 05

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

bob wright does parts for these your ok as long as you dont drop it as bodywork is very hard to get but engine parts are ok, i did fork seals and checked all parts only thing im struggling to get are wing mirrors and front mudguard has a part that snapped off which i dont have but not really noticable to change whole front mudguard.

This post has been edited by lllN30lll: 09 July 2009 - 04:02 PM


#11 User is offline   Carlos_CBR! 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Supporter
  • Group: Supporters
  • Posts: 7,613
  • Joined: 31-January 06
  • Location:Little Thetford (Cambs)

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

Aint ever been in here i dont reckon! Must be rare as hardly any posts at all. Mint looking bike though!

#12 User is offline   Joachim 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 30
  • Joined: 21-May 08

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

View Postkitess, on Aug 1 2008, 07:51 PM, said:

as long as you dont drop it as bodywork is very hard to get


If one needs something.... www.seby-poly.de
Albert has made a complete set of glass fibre parts for the GFR.. from my parts ;)

ciao Joachim

#13 User is offline   collywog19 

  • Cagiva Geek :)
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 10,327
  • Joined: 01-February 05
  • Location:Sacriston, County Durham

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:20 AM

If only i had the cash! lol

Look topper mate :)

Col

#14 User is offline   Old Painless 

  • Does not know Everything !
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14,518
  • Joined: 12-June 05
  • Location:Nottingham.

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

Nice to ride too, much better than a TZR, had a go about 10 years ago and still have fond memories. lol

#15 User is offline   gilera89racetune 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 04-May 09
  • Location:ballaugh isle of man

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:36 AM

hey m8 nice piece of kit uv got there wot yr is it and were do u get ur parts from because i cant find any for mine which is a gilera kz 125 87-89 model but mines race tuned n changed ferrins.

#16 User is offline   dareuk 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Mechanic
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 844
  • Joined: 16-November 05
  • Location:hartlepool

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

how much :P

#17 User is offline   tombaromba 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Rider
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 01-March 10

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

View PostSteveM, on 14 July 2008 - 10:06 PM, said:

Hi,

it looks really nice, not quite got my yellow SP02 back in road worthy nick yet, now theres a bloody intermittent fault with the starter motor that was seized. I think it's something to do with the positive connector ( internally) on the motor.

works fine after a fiddle off the bike but when i bolt it back up it plays up. Aslo see mu previous post on oil mix, the oil mixing has been completely bypassed and all pipes removed so the fuel has to be premixed. I managed to download a Crono manual and can now see the the entrance in the engine case were the oil feel went into the pump has been seized with silicon or similar.

have you any idea what the difference is between the Crono, GFR and SP02 and how many parts are interchangeable.

Cheers

Steve


had the same problem with my apache's electric starter, just took it out.... all the engine parts are pretty switchable, all almost exactly the same.

#18 User is offline   sniff the fumes 

  • 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 02-September 16
  • Location:lincoln

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

View Postkitess, on 01 August 2008 - 05:51 PM, said:

bob wright does parts for these your ok as long as you dont drop it as bodywork is very hard to get but engine parts are ok, i did fork seals and checked all parts only thing im struggling to get are wing mirrors and front mudguard has a part that snapped off which i dont have but not really noticable to change whole front mudguard.


mudguard is the same as some mito's (it may not be exact copy but i bought one and it bolted straight on no issues same with the forks, ive got mirrors but probabaly a few years to late lol, anyone else who's interested i couldnt get a radiator as i didnt want to wait 5 years for bob wright to post it to me but one from a aprillia rs4 will fit and work quite nicely, you will need to make mounting brackets for it though, power valve solenoid is the same as similar era RS's but pricey switches and relays from any similar bike of the era seem to work fine.....cant get the body work for toffee but ive fitted zxr 400 race seat unit (looks very similar to original) and 1994 honda rs 125 fairings look good but dunno if you'll get it to fit your bike, mine had fairing mounts cut off by the previous owner so its more of a custom looker, full decal kits available on ebay for about 90 quid and that includes every single sticker on the original bike.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users