125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner

1987 Cruiser /supermoto Streetfighter Project

9K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  SourSocks 
#1 ·
hi thought id start a new project post as i tagged couple of pics onto end of old thread .bought a 1987 cruiser for 121 pound in a right sorry state but running.160cc barrel was cracked round water jacket ,got it welded and re machined .engine all good apart from water pump seal.stripped bike completely down .shot blasted and powder coated frame swing arm ,rear sts rear subframe etc.prepped and resprayed all plastics apart from rh side panel which ive had to make(just waiting paint).bought some old gsxr 400 wheels(£10 inc tyres and calipers etc) machined new spacers and reduced disc diam on front(fits original caliper etc now).rear cush drive on machine at min to centraliuse wheel and get sprockets in line.most of work done by myself (shot blast and powder coat £20 mates rates ).i know it still not worth much when its done but its good reason to stop in garage suppin tinnies.ill keep posting as it progresses.

See less See more
#5 ·
started modyfying cush drive but not enough material to get alignment right .ahhhh.got a set of supercity wheels with calipers etc coming on saturday. prob be better as brakes look better and tyres wider etc .have to go with supercity forks as well now.recovered seat and fitted cb1 (400)footrests and rear pegs (all alloy instead of rubber.)ordered digital speedo/temp gauge .ill post pics once new wheels/forks are fitted.

#10 ·
its a 1987 cagiva cruiser .just got water pump seals fitted as there different to mito etc .wheels in pic are old suzuki gsxr400 .not fitting them now as ive got some supercity wheels/forks etc .fitted standard wheels while i look for swinging arm for supercity.nearly built back up now ill post some pics at weekend .

#15 ·
taxed tested and insured.put 500 mile on clock .all seems good.does approx 140kmh at 9500 rpm.really quick on accel though.might try sprocket change as its my everyday transport and could do with dropping revs abit to cruise steady at 80ish.any ideas on sprocket size etc.standard wheels on at minute (enduro ready for winter)going to do forks and supermoto wheels after winter.along with altering headlight etc .ill put pics of it on tomorrow as it is now. just bought a 1986 elefant yesterday from poole in dorset .its a right nail .pics for that on tomorrow too as its my winter project .engine loks weird its got a round ish barrel and no powervalve .160cc barrel and piston though.round tube frame as opposed to square section post 87 elefants and wheel base is 4" longer too.if anyones got any bits for one let me know.cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.