Rotax 122 Clutch Basket, Kick Start Version - 125cc Sportsbikes Forum

125cc Sportsbikes Forum: Rotax 122 Clutch Basket, Kick Start Version - 125cc Sportsbikes Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rotax 122 Clutch Basket, Kick Start Version Badly notched clutch basket repair

#1 User is offline   xchris 

• 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2020 - 11:33 PM

Evening.

I've got an aprilia etx 125 with rotax 122 kick start version. My clutch basket is badly notched causing the clutch to not fully disengage when leaver pulled. I've looked everywhere and can't find a replacement basket with the kick start gear on the back. If anyone here happens to have one laying around I'd be interested in buying it? the etx rx mx and sx 125s with the 122 kick start all used the same basket. I'll add pictures here

If I can't get a replacement I am thinking of drilling out the rivets that hold the alloy basket to the steel back plate, and bolting/re-riveting an rs125 basket onto my etx back plate. I have asked Pjme and it's not something that they can do so I'm going to ask a few local engineer's.

Am I right in thinking this should be a fairly simple job for an experienced engineer or is there something I'm overlooking?

Anyone done this before with good/bad results?

Can anyone recommend a good engineer's for this kind of job around Manchester area?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated

#2 User is offline   xchris 

• 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2020 - 11:36 PM

Not sure how to upload pictures here

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic