Weird Start Issues On Nsr 125R1 - 125cc Sportsbikes Forum

125cc Sportsbikes Forum: Weird Start Issues On Nsr 125R1 - 125cc Sportsbikes Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weird Start Issues On Nsr 125R1 need help

#1 User is offline   Daymo 

• 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 October 2020 - 04:17 PM

hi i have a nsr 125 r1 2001. i have hade it a year now it had a service 3 months ago its done 7500 miles.
i haven't had any issue with it until the other week when i was warming it up with choke on just letting it idle to get up to temp when it just cut out after a minute or so of idleing this had never happened before, when i went to restart it i wouldn't restart after draining the battery trying to start it while i was charging it again i thought id look at the spark plug i found it was wet and black so i replaced it with a new one then tried starting it and it started straight away so i let it run for a minute,
then after a min or so it just cut out again and wouldnt start again so i looked at the new spark plug and it was wet and black again, so i called a car mechanic friend to have a look with me. he sent his camera into the top end and noticed alot of carbon build up on top of piston so we assumed that was the issue. after cleaning and rebuilding the top end of motor and carb, we put a new spark plug back in it again and after attempting to start it for a minute or so and slightly tweaking mixture needles and light spray on easy start it started and we got it up to temp i took it for test run and it was working perfectly starting everytime fine without issue. i rode it about twenty miles over the next week with no issue then yesterday it cut out agian while i was warming it up with choke on idle and wont start again. so am back to square 1 with it i have took sparkplug out and it is wet and black again since,
then i have replaced coil pack and still cannot get it to start. it has little attempts of starting but just doesn't seem to ignite. hold the sparkplug against the motor it sparks fine with sound range on spark.
has anyone had this issue before?
is something im doing am i supposed to leave choke idleing?
anybody know what the issue is likely to be.
thanks

#2 User is offline   Mitoreborn 

• 125cc Sportsbikes Novice
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:07 PM

Wet and black points at a too rich condition, seems the engine struggles for air at idle? If your plug gets too wet it will no longer start, seems that is what is happening. You say you cleaned carb so I asume pilot jet and choke assembly are clean. If so, did you check, clean and replace the air filter?? Because it can be either too much fuel or too little air.

I only use choke for first seconds after start but then again mine is a Mito with a huge carb so maybe yours needs something different.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users