125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 cbr125r i just bought couple days ago, guy said it was running fine blah blah blah, i show up and it started blowing fuses, wouldnt start, i took it home looked over everything, put a 15amp fuse in it where the 7.5 was, worked fine, ran drove it around the works, then had a hard time starting, bogging out at high rpm, randomly dieing then working again, its an EFI not a regular carb aswell, i put fuel injector cleaner in it and everything to help the system thinking that was the issue, worked on and off, and now, where the 7.5amp was, blew the 15, and now everything just pops as soon as i turn the key, spent about 30$ on minifuses and theyre all blown, any ideas?? I checked the grounds at the back of the bike and made sure it was good, i did some sanding and cleaned all rust and what not off so it has a nice clean surface, but im at a loss, also when starting the bike, the wire that comes from the start button/killswitch was getting pretty hot aswell i noticed this after it quit on the side of the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have an 07 cbr125r i just bought couple days ago, guy said it was running fine blah blah blah, i show up and it started blowing fuses, wouldnt start, i took it home looked over everything, put a 15amp fuse in it where the 7.5 was, worked fine, ran drove it around the works, then had a hard time starting, bogging out at high rpm, randomly dieing then working again, its an EFI not a regular carb aswell, i put fuel injector cleaner in it and everything to help the system thinking that was the issue, worked on and off, and now, where the 7.5amp was, blew the 15, and now everything just pops as soon as i turn the key, spent about 30$ on minifuses and theyre all blown, any ideas?? I checked the grounds at the back of the bike and made sure it was good, i did some sanding and cleaned all rust and what not off so it has a nice clean surface, but im at a loss, also when starting the bike, the wire that comes from the start button/killswitch was getting pretty hot aswell i noticed this after it quit on the side of the road.
Got it fixed, was an exposed wire on opposite side, nice melted harness, i wire destroyed and was shorting out, as soon as i fixed it boom started up with a 7.5amp, now to take it for a test ride!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well another update, rode it for about 10min perfectly fine, then just stopped no power at all, the start/kilswitch wires are melted all together... im at a complete loss at wtf is going on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts