125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I'm in the US. We do not have 125's here but a local guy posted an 04 cbr 125 for sell so i bought it.Mainly because i'll probably never see another on here again hahaha
I paid $300 USD...
so here is the deal. cleaned the carb got it running somewhat that night.
it runs ok at idle and low RPM's. once I get to 6k it bogs bad. When I'm reving the bike in the drive way, I can see a mist of gas coming back out of the intake of the carb.
I've never seen this before.

I can tell you that the piston for the choke is frozen in place. I cant adjust the choke in or out. IDK if this might be playing a part in this as well.

I was going to just buy a replacement carb on Ebay but then i can across this web site and figured id join and make a post.

other than this issue the bike is pretty much all there. I'd really digging the tiny rims... reminds of the rs125 back in the day when I used to race.
\
If any one happens to have a carb please let me know

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pwk28 carb will fit it, will need to replace the intake boot (most carbs come with boot) easiest way to install is throw it in some hot water to make it more flexible, gives you a direct throttle rather than a vacuum throttle thing that's originally on it, did it to mine and it's much snappier, had to drill and clean up the machining inside my carb through because I got the cheapest Chinese shit I could find, works great

1 - 2 of 2 Posts