125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was just wondering other than Wright's is there anywhere to get parts at reasonable prices or are parts really that exspensive for gfr as not many were made?

Im after a set of forks and after much online looking i can get a set for between £150 and £250, is that a bit steep or is it just me, the prices of some items are unreal.

any help would be much grateful

thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi there,

I was just wondering other than Wright's is there anywhere to get parts at reasonable prices or are parts really that exspensive for gfr as not many were made?

Im after a set of forks and after much online looking i can get a set for between £150 and £250, is that a bit steep or is it just me, the prices of some items are unreal.

any help would be much grateful

thanks
i am thinking about changing the forks on my gfr as i think my caliper is fooked, i have no idea what other forks will fit though, i know they are 40mm but what other bikes use 40mm? if i could find this out then i can sell tou my forks

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can look into it mate would rs forks not fit?

i found a bloke breaking a gfr but he wants lot of money for bits too just need someone who has bought bits before give me some advice

·
Registered
639 Posts
i can look into it mate would rs forks not fit?

i found a bloke breaking a gfr but he wants lot of money for bits too just need someone who has bought bits before give me some advice
i bought a set of rs forks and they do not fit the yokes, and i dont have rs yokes to see if they will fit, i am looking for something to give me a twin disc on the front

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
perhaps some usd's or 400 forks?
do you know who i could ask about spare part prices?

thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
perhaps some usd's or 400 forks?
do you know who i could ask about spare part prices?

thanks
i only know of bob wright and hahne from germany. apart form scouting ebays across the land i havent come across much yet, although there are a set of forks from an sp01 on ebay.it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi

as far as i remembr the Aprilia RS250 fork fits nearly like it is.
The old model with Paioli (?) fork.
Not the later one with something from Showa.
I think its about 10mm shorter.
Of course you can also use the yokes. You will only have to make a new axle for them.
Maybe you can press out the axle and use that from the GFR yokes.
If you would like to have something 'doubble' you may use a complete RS front with calipers and wheel.
Of course you have to do some 'minor' adjustments on several parts.
Like always on such prjects ;)

ciao joachim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts