125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty then. Brief history of this little CBR125R

Got it from a friend for free as he bought it and never used it, it sat with him for 2 years collecting dust.
He agreed to give it to me aslong as i got it running and working. so i rolled up my sleves and got to work, new battery, cleaned out the carb, did a fluids change. BOOM the bike started and ran, i took it for a ride and everything seemed hunky dory. 2 days later i was on my way to work, and as i took the offramp the bike cut out on me. tried to start the bike only to notice the carb was flooded, managed to get the bike running again and get to work. after work the bike ran fine for a few minutes, then the bike cut out on me 4 times on the way home. That night i stripped the carb again only to notice that its a non adjustable float. i then cleaned the carb out again thinking i might have missed something. threw the carb back in. only for the bike to do the same damn thing.

Currently as it is. the bike will start and idle fine, the minute i twist the throttle even the slightest it will cut out on me almost instantly.

i have scoured the web for a few days now and have yet to find anyone who has had the same problem or knows how to sort the problem out.
if anyone knows what this issue could be please please please let me know. i am at my wits end and am a few seconds of torching the cursed thing.

CBR125RW8- South Africa Model, Year 2008

·
Registered
7 Posts
Replace the carb, go with pwk28 Chinese clone for best budget option, just need to clean up the burrs and stuff inside if it's really cheap like the one I bought, will need new throttle cable but it's fully adjustable and makes more power

1 - 2 of 2 Posts