125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

· Registered
3,590 Posts
What was the result? E.g. did it have any effect on the carb setup?

Confirmed. He told me which year R6 it is, so I've bought the same for my track build. But I have forgotten which year. I think maybe 2004.
No really noticeable effect on jetting, although I imagine connecting it directly to the snorkels would affect the jetting
I have the same r6 rad

· Registered
2,360 Posts
Aprilia -its hot in Italy

they know the heat produced by the engine in all conditions

they set the bike up to be raced with no heat problems

if you are overheating you have set your bike up wrongly - the bike does not
overheat if set properly....

unless you are monty

· Registered
2,360 Posts
only a fool would put a bigger rad on a aprilia rs125....

the rad on a Honda rs125 is smaller than a standard aprilia rs125.

same old monty makes an argument by changing what was said to suit his

argument....you can see why he gets abused by his friends lol

· Registered
3,590 Posts
You tried to say that a honda rs rad is smaller than an aprilia rad

Any big power honda rs doesnt run a standard rad

Why exactly do you think that is?
Ever seen the waterpump on a works aprilia???

Like I said, cooler running engine makes more power

· Registered
513 Posts
Like I said, cooler running engine makes more power
As you can rev it harder before it goes pop, it doesn't specifically make more power per se, it's just that you can use more of the available power.

Pulling in colder air is better as colder air is denser, so you get more oxygen in it, so a bigger bang, and more power. Cooling the engine itself doesn't really affect this, as heat transfer to the air is pretty rubbish anyways (air is a rather good insulator), hence water cooled engines needing radiators.

· Registered
472 Posts
The Aprilia GP research department once did a test and as the coolant temperature decreased the power increased. They even used cold water from a tap to cool the engine in one test lol. These engines were warmed up at full throttle held at 10 000rpm for one whole minute!!

· Registered
513 Posts
Colder air has the same % ratio of Oxygen to (mostly) nitrogen, but there are more molecules of both, as the air is of a higher density.

Also:
The Aprilia GP research department once did a test and as the coolant temperature decreased the power increased.
Can you gimme a link to that, it sounds really interesting, and not a little counter intuitive!

· Registered
3,028 Posts
There is never 'more' oxygen in the air it is a constant over the earth 19-20%.
Although this(might) be true, colder air is denser, which in turn means more air can fit into one space, which means there is more oxygen in a set space. Science b*tch.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts