125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
The aprilia mx 125 has them as standard. f**king hate mine, on my 2nd one now. First one stopped in the wet, never worked since. My second which i got new in September works in the wet, but doesn't give an accurate measurement of speed. I don't think i did 198.2 mph in the wet. They dont light up in the dark, just have a button which lights up the "Back light" for about 5 seconds. Even when i wash my bike the clocks go funny. Just glad im getting rid of it soon.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
extreamer gets his speeda all the way round, maybe theres a fix =/

and sorry i have no idea what a trailtech vapout is =/

·
Tard Wrangler
5,735 Posts
Then why post?

The vapour is pretty easy to fit, as long as you're good with electrics and can read the instructions. Download them from Trailtechs website so you can familiarise yourself with what's involved in fitting one before it arrives.

It's not plug and play so you'll need to do a bit of head scratching and configuring, especially to get the Speedo working accurately.

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
As Aboth...

For the speedo to work you will need a magnet what sits inside the disc, should come with the kit. I dont know how hard the magnet is to fit, but all i know is if you lose it your speedo wont work.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ive had the vapour on for around 1 year holding up well

·
Registered
489 Posts
Vapor dash has a constant backlight you need to turn it on in the settings.............
nah you just need to connect it to an ignition switched supply

·
Registered
489 Posts
EGT guage mate, measures the exhaust gas temp

·
Registered
489 Posts
weres that monitored from, front of the spanny ? my be usefull for when i start tweaking abit further. And howmuch are they
around 100mm from the piston skirt just after the manifold

·
Registered
489 Posts
Oh yeah, they are around 90 pounds for the unit and a sensor but the sensors are crap that come with it so I had to get a decent one from a company in America that was an extra 60 quid delivered so quite expensive!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts