125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't normally write on these forums but I'm unsure on what to do.
My friend has a 2008 aprilia rs125 which he blew the top end up. I have rebuilt the top end, has fuel and spark but will not start.
The car was cleaned out prior to putting the new barrel and piston kit on the engine. The spark plug seems to be soaking wet with fuel.
The engine turns over as it should and has a real good spark. Everything seems to be as it should but it just won't start.
Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
drain the carb float bowl.
pull out the spark plug and turn the engine over a few times, this will blow out any excess fuel out from the cylinder. turn the fuel on for around 30 seconds or less then turn to off position, this will leave the float bowl full enough to start the bike but will not let it overflow.
then try to start her up.
personally i would be checking the carb float height and would advise using a new spark plug as although it has a good spark in the open air, they can perform different when under compression inside the cylinder.
also check air fliter is clean and dry.
not much to go on but hope its of some help to you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drain the carb float bowl.
pull out the spark plug and turn the engine over a few times, this will blow out any excess fuel out from the cylinder. turn the fuel on for around 30 seconds or less then turn to off position, this will leave the float bowl full enough to start the bike but will not let it overflow.
then try to start her up.
personally i would be checking the carb float height and would advise using a new spark plug as although it has a good spark in the open air, they can perform different when under compression inside the cylinder.
also check air fliter is clean and dry.
not much to go on but hope its of some help to you
Hi, thanks for the reply. The bike is fuel injected so doesn't have the stop tap on the tank. I inspected the spark plug and actually saw it had a cracking down the ceramic part. Just waiting on my mate to get a new spark plug. Fingers crossed its only that
Cheers
Josh

·
Registered
55 Posts
no problem, hope its a simple fix for you like sticking in a new plug. i have a cbr 600 now and much prefare working on these little 2 strokes than the 4s as their just so simple and easy to fix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts