125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a new barrel and piston kit( all genuine Yamaha), the barrel is overbored to .25 with piston kit to suit.
The problem i have is mine is a 2RK model and this doesnt fit it.
The barrel is marked 3MB00 124cm

The difference is the powervalve is too small to fit in the barrrel and the exhaust port is the opposite to mine so as you can see its no good to me, and i dont know what its for.

If anyone has an idea then let me know
and if anyone is interested in it, then its for sale for 45.00

It is brand new and not been on a bike so would be ideal for a rebuild and its going cheap

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
erm it sounds like the wrong barrel then!

the 2RK barrels should start with 2RH ------------- etc.

(well mine does)

why did you order an oversized barrel though? couldnt you just send the old one off for re-bore?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
sounds like it could be off the tzr250 reverse cylider

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
do you mean the exhaust faces the wrong way, or the mounting holes are the wrong way round?

JUST TYPED 3MB INTO EBAY AND THE FIRST YAMMY PART IT CAME UP WITH,WAS FOR A DT125R PARTS.3MB WOULD APPEAR TO BE DT

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah after much searching, have discovered this so far

Barrel is for a DTR125 the powervalve is slightly shorter in length and bigger in diameter
The exhaust port on my tzr is right side at the the top and right side at the bottom, where his is the opposite way so couldnt fit exhaust anyway.

Anyway the seller has agreed that they advertised it wrongly by word of some clever bike mechanic who said it was a tzr barrel(apparently he has got a trk and the barrels the same!! I dont think so somehow)
She has offered me a full refund and a big apology for the mix up.

What to do now? well im gonna get myself a 1.00mm oversize piston and rings and shove that in the barrel and hope everything will be ok, original piston was that size but was a bit worn out but was snug to the barrel.

Thanks all for their help

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
not sure if i would have noticed the difference untill i tried to fit it mate,so cant blame the seller too much, but so long as you got your refund, it doesnt matter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.