125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Its just a real pain in the c*ck (literally)

I think these modern day sportsbikes should come with an airbag that pops out from the petrol tank that comes up between your legs....OUCH!!!!!
Damn right they should. I wish I had an are bag for my bollocks when I had my prang.

http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums//in...showtopic=26840

Oooo... I'd be so p**sed off, I hope his insurance company writes it off and gives you a new bike, because if they spray it and repair it, it's not gonna be as good as a new one.

·
Registered
588 Posts
mate im proper sorry to hear bout ur head on. i crashed my bike like 3 months ago n it was mint, although it was 5 years old it was still mint. I felt sick watchin mine slide down the road so i cant even begin to imagen wot u feel like. Hope u n the bike get better soon Buddy.
Rob

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Really feel for you, such a nice bike!

But, think of it like this, at least you've lived to ride another day,a few years on, you'll have something even better

I know it doesn't feel like that right now, like Rob, I had a recent scrape on my previously mint CBR recently, totally gutting.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The van drivers insurance company have admited liabilty they had no choice really as luckily there were quite a few witnesses.

When they did the assement the phoned me up as they couldnt find the Ohlins forks and the marchesini wheels in the Yamaha parts catolog

The bike isnt a write-off and they will go ahead and fix it, they're just ordering the parts.

I have asked them to send me the parts list for the bike and a list of works to be carried out on it.
Before they picked the bike up I wrote down everything that I could see that needed to be replaced on the bike and every dent, scratch and bend.

They were saying they can repair most of the panels and give the bike a respray but I aint having that,the bike is only 5months old, NEW BIKE = NEW PANELS

I dont know what the deal is with the parts and how long it will take to get them but they want to hurry up!!!!

I know the bike will come back the same as when i bought it but it just wont be the same.
I dont know what im gonna do yet I might just ride the rest of this summer and trade it in for something else.

Im claiming for a new lid and leathers and stuff + my moble that broke, my rolex that also broke and the winning lottery ticket that was in my pocket that I lost in all the confusion

I dont want to be out of pocket for some ignorant cnut that nearly killed me and wrecked my summer.

I just gotta play the waiting game which is so gay

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
So are the wheels Marchesini and the forks ohlins, or are they just stickered up?

Glad to hear you're getting it sorted, although not 100% as you'd like.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The wheels are stock painted in marchesini gold the same with the fork bottoms and calipers sprayed the same as Ohlins.
The bike did look the part I must admit you cant really tell as mark did a great job on them, everyone thinks they are Ohlins the only thing that gives it away is the santions arnt gold.

I just wanted the R1SP look on the R6

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
The wheels are stock painted in marchesini gold the same with the fork bottoms and calipers sprayed the same as Ohlins.
The bike did look the part I must admit you cant really tell as mark did a great job on them, everyone thinks they are Ohlins the only thing that gives it away is the santions arnt gold.

I just wanted the R1SP look on the R6
Well it must have fooled that garage anyhow!!!

How much are Marshesini's? ?2k?

Look the biz though!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I just got my parts list and estimate through, ?4866 worth of damage

Basicly its an all new front end, forks,front wheel,discs,tire,top cowl,headights plus new can and thats to list a small portion of it.

I just need a bit of advice as to where I stand with respraying before I give them an ear bashing on the phone, most of the work is new parts but they want to respray my seat hump,RH belly pan,swingarm,LH mid and my tank.

I dont really want anything resprayed as its a new bike I want all new panels.
I dont want them to respray any of the white on the bike as I dont feel they will match the paint exactly as its a heavy pearl, I had a set of headlight covers colour matched,it was a good match but it didnt sparkle no where near much as the stock paint.

I put a dent in my tank with my bollox so i guess they will pull that out and respray it.

The swingarm was scuffed on the left hand side so what they gonna do spray my swingarm?

I dont get why they want to respray it anyway the cost is at ?4866 so whats an extra ?1000 on top of that, it aint as if they've got to pay it.

I beggining to get more and more p**sed off with all this sh*t

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Whoa! Don't want no repsrayed swing arm!!!

Dunno why they're not writing it off, surely that's like 80% off the value, that's not economical!

With cars, they usually write them off if the repairs exceed 2/3 the value.

·
Registered
624 Posts
My R6 cost me 3 grand, guy in the garage said it would be written off if the damage went over 2 grand, I think 2/3rds is right?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.