125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've just brought a 95 cagiva mito 125 EV, it's been derestricted but I'm not convinced the jetting has been adjusted to suite. When riding along if I pull the clutch in and shut the throttle its hangs the revs up for a bit, I'm guessing possibly the pilot/air screw need looking at. Anyone got a rough idea on what jets etc it should have it in? I need to strip the carb and see what's in it first.
Thanks
Rob

Super Moderator
Hi Rob

A 95 Mito wasnt restricted (swiss market had some forms of restriction though...not one of those though I wouldnt have thought) so If you have a look here Click me you should get a good understanding of the models & specs. That might help you out. 馃憤

Maybe even post up some pics to liven this place up 馃檪

Cheers
Russ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I stripped the carb down today, cleaned everything and checked what was in it. Needle, pilot and main all correct, couldn't find any numbers in the slide or the choke jet. Only think I found incorrect was the needle was set to the 3rd clip down. I've set it on the 4th clip. I also did the fork seals and free'd off the front brake. Should be good for an MOT'd now. I brought it from a friend, it's a 95 EV 7 speed. It's all original and only done 6500 miles. It's in really nice condition, just needs a really good clean, the front wheel came up like new with a good clean. I can't wait to get out riding it. It's the other end of the scale from my other bike, all revs and no torque 馃ぃ
20210616_192124.jpg

Super Moderator
Very nice looking original Evo1 you have there !! Beautiful 馃檪 I doubt there are many left around as nice as that. 馃憤

Super Moderator
Looks sweet 馃榿
I love my Ev1. Screeming through the gears, as it dosent really get going until 9+K is certainly fun. For a 125 they are a joy to ride. They certainly hit the sweet spot with the Ev1 before regs & laws dumbed them down.

They are getting rare (especially in that condition) & the prices are on the up so look after it. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the average operating temperature for one of these? I can get it to 50ish degrees stationary but it takes a while. Is this normal?
Thanks
Rob

Super Moderator
They are generally over-cooled unless it's a very warm ambient temperature. The radiator is just too good.....& or the stats opening temp is too soon. I always just assumed they were really designed with hotter climates in mind 馃尀

From memory, as it's been a while, I think mine usually ran somewhere between 40&50 I'f I was lucky. I run mine with a strip of gaffer tape at either end of the rad as it was the only was to get a decent running temperature here in the UK.

I have seen that a Cagiva Planet appeared to have a radiator cover/bag with a cutout in the middle to stop as the rad was clearly too good. It was a review by Richard Hammond (TopGear) They didnt have a temperature gauge though only an over temperature light.....sensible on a 2T.....not...lol.馃様

Neither of my Planets had these rad bags, but considering the state of them when I bought them its not a surprise.馃槀

1 - 8 of 8 Posts