125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CAGIVA mito evo 1 125
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,can anyone help me with my latest project,I have bought another mito 125,the problem I am having is regeresting it with the dvla, it has 19 digits on the frame stamp ,and the same on the bikes certs,it is origanaly from Bulgaria. The frame stamp is as follows
Cagiva DGM 52999 EOM 8 P 02××4613,
The DVLA are insisting on 17 digits so I have a bike i carnt ride legally on in roads

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Cagiva factory will provide you FREE of charge PDF documents stating that "your exact frame number" has left their factory and is Homologated to Europe etc destination Countrye's in case.

DGM code is a Homologation code, and its italian Native code system.

this is your exact ViN : 8 P 02××4613

i have written DGM coding into forum (from my cagiva factory pdf's)

but iirc its this from Mito2 '92~'94 and Evo1 '94~'98 models:
OM is '1994
EOM is '1995~1997
FOM is late 1997 and mainly 1998.

8P specifyes Mito (that includes all models of mito1 mito2 evo1)

You should be able to find Cagiva's e-maill address from Mv-Agusta homepage, for Customer Service.

i got my papers from them before they changed brand name....

·
Registered
CAGIVA mito evo 1 125
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cagiva factory will provide you FREE of charge PDF documents stating that "your exact frame number" has left their factory and is Homologated to Europe etc destination Countrye's in case.

DGM code is a Homologation code, and its italian Native code system.

this is your exact ViN : 8 P 02××4613

i have written DGM coding into forum (from my cagiva factory pdf's)

but iirc its this from Mito2 '92~'94 and Evo1 '94~'98 models:
OM is '1994
EOM is '1995~1997
FOM is late 1997 and mainly 1998.

8P specifyes Mito (that includes all models of mito1 mito2 evo1)

You should be able to find Cagiva's e-maill address from Mv-Agusta homepage, for Customer Service.

i got my papers from them before they changed brand name....
Thank you so much ,I have been banging my head against the wall for 6 months,4 attemps too register the bike with dvla,I have emailed Mv augusta numerous times still no reply,but thankfully your directions have pointed me the right way,decoding the frame stamp (vin)I am going too wake up in the morning feeling I am getting closer to get my bike on the road .
Thanks again pal,👍👍👍👍👍

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
im not UK'ish citizen...

but if nobody here comes to help you, you could try asking help/info from UK's "DucatiMondo" Russ.
back in the old days here at forum he owned Evo2 and had his Company already back then. my point is that he works also with Older ducati's from Cagiva Corporation Era (Era when Ducati was in cagiva Group).

most likely them older Ducati's have same frame Coding ideology (lenght of Digits etc) and most likely Russ has dealed with imported Older Ducati's etc...so he might know how it goes with UK DVLA....

·
Registered
CAGIVA mito evo 1 125
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not UK'ish citizen...

but if nobody here comes to help you, you could try asking help/info from UK's "DucatiMondo" Russ.
back in the old days here at forum he owned Evo2 and had his Company already back then. my point is that he works also with Older ducati's from Cagiva Corporation Era (Era when Ducati was in cagiva Group).

most likely them older Ducati's have same frame Coding ideology (lenght of Digits etc) and most likely Russ has dealed with imported Older Ducati's etc...so he might know how it goes with UK DVLA....
Thanks for the lead pal, the UK DVLA are proper giving me the run around with this bike it was made stopped to Bulgaria the imported here I bought itv7 months ago my 3rd mito,it has all the certs it has 19 digits stamped on the headstock. Bulgaria KAT(dvla) has answered my enquiries and said it is all correct though carnt explain the 19 digits on vin, but it's ok in there country but here No No No ,everything is in order they are asking I have to find the 17 digits from the 19 too regerster my bike, so there is my problem,please anyone out there HELP ,I'm headin for a divorce if I don't sort this out it has taken over my life 🤯🙏👍

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
is UK DVLA missunderstanding and thinking that your Cagiva is Mv-agusta or summink, because Mv-Agusta era Mito Sp525 has longer frame stamping digits iirc and is sold under name Mv-Agusta
...... like ZCGMxxxxxxxxxxx

you could also try and ask help from this importer, regarding info experience (Unit 5 uk) Unit 5 Motos |

QUOTE from their homepage:

Registering an Import Motorcycle
Nova – Notice Of Vehicle Arrival: This is the most important one to make registering it hassle free. We register every motorcycle we import with HMRC on their NOVA scheme. Any import tax or duties that are due are paid by us and most importantly this is all done within the timescales set by HMRC. So you have to do nothing. We will give you the NOVA reference number, so DVLA can recognise it on their system if needed.

Date of Manufacture: This is something you will need to register it with DVLA. Most of our motorcycles have the original logbook with them from the country they have been imported from. This is given to you when you purchase the bike and the date of manufacture is on this. If however no logbook is available. This can be because it has been lost, the machine was never registered for road use (quite often the case with Enduro & Trail machines), or no logbook available from the country it came from. Then we can either arrange a dating certificate for you (This currently will cost you £25) or we can give you a list on contacts that will be able to do this for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts