125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
10,017 Posts
no were. either 2 or 3 pin works fine.

· Registered
2,467 Posts
blue wire hangs loose.
so you only have 2 wires left, 50/50 whether you get them in the right place if you use the correct 2 pin relay. (actually dont think it makes a difference on the 2 pin)
3 pin relay WILL work, but has to b wired a certain way (so thats what, 9 possible combinations, rather than 2?)
cheers,
GAZ

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blue wire hangs loose.
so you only have 2 wires left, 50/50 whether you get them in the right place if you use the correct 2 pin relay. (actually dont think it makes a difference on the 2 pin)
3 pin relay WILL work, but has to b wired a certain way (so thats what, 9 possible combinations, rather than 2?)
cheers,
GAZ
hi gaz tried all that still the same ive gor 2 mitos and its the same on both im puzzled it cant be the relay its new cant be the indicators they are new cant be the wiring as its the same on 2 bikes

· Registered
2,467 Posts
exactly what i was going to say, ditch the 3 pin relays & get a 2 pin.
i have umpteen relays here for that very purpose & most, if not all 2 pins are interchangeable, 3 pins, for some reason arent,
they only cost about a fiver,
cheers,
GAZ

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i most likely have a relay in the garage i will let you know.
i did get a 2 pin from halfords thats the one that i was having probs with the lad in there said he uses them and they are ok but ive just brought 2 now off of ebay so ill see how it goes when they get here next week,thanks for all your help much appreciated

· Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, I am looking for a Cagiva Mito indicator relay. I have looked through the usual places, ebay, amazon etc but cant find any.

If any of you guys have a spare that i could buy off you that would be great.

Cheers.

· Super Moderator
3,093 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, I am looking for a Cagiva Mito indicator relay. I have looked through the usual places, ebay, amazon etc but cant find any.

If any of you guys have a spare that i could buy off you that would be great.

Cheers.
If you search for cagiva flasher relay, rather than just Mito, theres a fair few that come up on ebay, both 2 & 3 pin. No reason why they shouldn't work

Welcome to the forum by the way

· Registered
Cagiva Mito 125 EVO II 2000
3 Posts
New Mito owner here, got a weird one for yall. My original flasher relay doesn't do it's job of flashing the indicators they just stay on, I've tried changing the relay with a 2 pin LED Flasher relay I had laying around but that one doesn't work at all. I'm just confused as to why my original relay doesn't do it's job..
Cheers,
Stefan

· Registered
Cagiva Mito 125 EVO II 2000
3 Posts
New Mito owner here, got a weird one for yall. My original flasher relay doesn't do it's job of flashing the indicators they just stay on, I've tried changing the relay with a 2 pin LED Flasher relay I had laying around but that one doesn't work at all. I'm just confused as to why my original relay doesn't do it's job..
Cheers,
Stefan
PS: I had LED indicators installed at the time of testing, after some more research turns out because my original relay is a thermal relay I suspect the LED indicators don't pull as much current and thus don't have enough current to activate the relay to flash.. so it stays on and doesn't flash. As for why the other 2pin relay does work either I still have no Idea but I'm looking to buy either a 2 or 3 pin relay again but from a different type and see what happens this time, if only relays weren't 20$ a pop off the internet...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts