125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cagiva Mito SP525 125cc model 2011, I accidentally loosened TPS-sensor screws while adjusting the carburetor. Well now it flashes the MIL fault code from the TPS sensor (1 long flash, 2 short flashes). The TPS sensor is properly put back in place (the black plastic pipe thingy moves when giving throttle), the screw is tightened in the same place (factory fortunately marked the right spot in yellow color) but odometer till flashes the fault code.

The current voltage from the TPS sensor has also been checked in accordance with the workshop manual, and nothing faulty with voltage. I also removed & loaded battery up but the fault code still remains.

Is there any TPS sensor reset instruction for Cagiva Mito SP525 that would turn that MIL light off? I also tried to dig from the Italian forums but could not find a solution to the problem.

·
Registered
857 Posts
yu say you disconnected the battery, but I would attempt to have the ignition key on and turn on the headlights, that will make sure any residual power is emptied.

The ecu could be programmed to store the mil untill XY number of starts without an error.

·
Registered
857 Posts
but is it starting and "just" has a Mill or what is exactly that is happening ?

I will check with a friend of mine that installed a different carb with no tps to se what happened and how he sorted it, but I need more details if possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Remy, thanks for helping me :) it starts normally, and you can ride it like normally (takes revs well) so no problems with that. Only the MIL light is flashing before I'm starting the bike and after bike is running and you drive it the MIL light just keeps flashing on. Very annoying.

So my problem is that I want to get rid of the MIL light flashing. I read somewhere that if MIL light is flashing because of the TPS-sensor, the oil pump will feed more oil (5%) to the system. Do you know that is it true?

·
Registered
857 Posts
no experience whatsoever with this new bike "tech" on the Mito., my help was a general advice from experience.

I'm sorry !.

I have fw the two posts to my friend and waiting for answer :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Manua

Message from friend:
I'm not sure about the 5% part, but it seems likely that is a failsafe mode so that you don't seize the engine.
I think the ECU has seen a voltage signal that was lower than usual because he opened the TPS and the min/max value is off.
If he recalibrates the min/max value I'm guessing the MIL light will go away.
I read somewhere how to do it, but I can't remember 100% how it was.
I think it was something like disconnect the plug for the oil-pump, turn on the ignition, wait 10-15 seconds, then wide open throttle.
Try googling how to reset/calibrate TPS sp525

·
Registered
857 Posts
thought on the Italian CMC forum, one had trouble with TPS, an as soon as it was replaced with a new working one his fault has cleared by it self.

I would advice to check the resistances in the wires against the values given in the manual.

·
Registered
857 Posts
did you manage to do the reset ?
My friend has confirmed that its the correct instruction set that he used as well (the second one).

That connector for programing basically just shorts out the two pins on the connector,

Sadly I cannot help with translation from Norwegian as I don't speak it either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts