125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Pics of NOS ooorrrr...
Gtfo.

Ps I think you are on drugs, as I already posted , mines struggled at 82 and I was tucked, down a hill, no danger are you getting 85 in 5th, just no way.
And mines has a custom downpipe, cone air filter and scorpion end can.
So mines isn't completely standard either.
The only person on here who can say anything about the mods is Carlos, he knows his stuff and I think he seen his go to around 18 bhp after head skimmed and race cam, compare that to a 2t and 18 hp is a poor 125 2t so would maybe only get around 90-95 then.
And I checked my valve clearances yestarday and they're perfect, so my bikes running mint.
Never had anywhere near the speeds your saying.
I'm calling bs.
if you haven't jetted your carb then the aftermarket can and filter can actually slow you down, my 90mph pre mod was on the big straight on the a1 near st neots in mid summer, i only get 85 in 5th now because of the larger front sprocket, my other mods just give me a tad extra power, i've never checked my valves or changed my cam or polished the head or carb, my engine is 100% stock seriously if you live close enough i'll meet you and you can see for yourself, just don't drop the f*cker lol.

my nos kit is pretty basic tbh it's closest to this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dirt-Mini-Pit-Pocket-Bike-ATV-Quad-50-80-90-110-125-cc-NOS-Nitrous-Oxide-Kit-/330784273367?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d044773d7 i just have a different delivery system.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I speak from experience with 3 different unlimited CDIs. I have personally tried pretty much every CBR125 mod going and the only ones that are worth it are a race exhaust and a ported head.

However the best mod but most expensive turned out to be selling the f**king thing and getting a 600.
forgot to ask before but you say you had a few cdi's yourself soooooo do you know where i can get one? n yeah i have a gsxr750 but it kinda died so the motor's goin in a dune buggy XD. i like my lil cbr and it does what i need i just wanna see what it can do with all i can throw at it (barring bbk)

·
125cc Sportsbikes Supporter
7,613 Posts
Used to have a contact in Thailand and used to import a lot of aftermarket/tuning parts to sell on over here. Cant get hold of him now hes moved to the states. Seriously, get a second hand head and port/polish it and get kent cams to sort your cam out. Bigger valves work really well with a ported head but not with a hot cam as the valves hit the piston.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Used to have a contact in Thailand and used to import a lot of aftermarket/tuning parts to sell on over here. Cant get hold of him now hes moved to the states. Seriously, get a second hand head and port/polish it and get kent cams to sort your cam out. Bigger valves work really well with a ported head but not with a hot cam as the valves hit the piston.
i'll look into the port/polish, cash is a bit of an issue at the mo hence the cdi first coz it's cheap (like the budgie xp) also found a race cam on ebay for like £40 although do you know whether it's better to go for the cam or the valves if they don't work so well together?

ps. thanks for the advice

also i know a couple of people with rs125's and they can be about that quick when set up right i've had a go myself 120 on something that light is just f'kin scary though lol.

·
7,613 Posts
I personally would go for ported head and larger valves. The cams from Thailand are rubbish quality and often need the oil galleries drilling.

·
7,613 Posts
OORacing will port the head. I'll have to find out where I got the larger valves from as I cant remember from the top of my head.

Iirc they charge £140 to port heads and reground the valves.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ouch, I'll be calling them some time next year I think hehe.

Info on the valves would be great, every time I google performance parts I just end up here, some other forum or faddybike :/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, im new to the forum BUT i have read pretty much every cbr 125 r forum there is and the amount of people that just talk sh*te is unbelievable!
Ive owned a cbr 125 rw7 for nearly a year now and was all stock.. it did 60 mph completely fine and could do 70 mph if i wanted but i have mucked around trying all sorts of stupid things trying to make it go faster e.g. venom exhaust, dyno jet kit stage 1,2 and 3 but only got 75 mph (no problem tho).
After a while i started using common sense of a mechanc and managed to get 93 mph done by gps (speedos arnt that accurate)in 6th gear on a flat road with no wind.
This is what i did:
- complete venom exhaust (without baffle)
- drilled the holes slightly bigger on the slider in the carburettor
- drilled a very small hole next to the air hole on the slider in the carburettor
- cut 2 spins off the spring in the carburettor (more throttle respons)
- filed the inlet/outlet holes on the head
- also do the same with the carburettor
- pulled the snorkel out the air box
- k&n air filter
- 16 tooth front sprocket
- skimmed/polished piston head
and finally removed mirrors and tucked in to f*ck.
After doing this i finally realised that its a 125... so made it street fighter and put a 45 tooth sprocket on the back and 14 tooth on the front and it pulls the front wheel off the ground easily in 1st and 2nd when doing a power wheelie.

To do all of this it cost me £220 and that was for the exhaust and sprockets...
before i get bad commets saying its ball**** or thats impossible, why would i waste my time typing sh*t on a computer to people i dont know...
You dont have to spank loads of money to make a bike go faster just use your brain. But also bare in mind even if you have the same bike as mine it may or may not be in the same condition as mine so may go faster or slower..
Also for those of you that say get a bigger bike or your wasting your time.. PLEASE bare in mind not all of us a rich c**ts like you and some of us arnt old enough otherwise we would..
Keep safe people and always carry a spare wheel ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
So you:

- drilled a very small hole next to the air hole on the slider in the carburettor

And this bike still RUNS? After all that butchery?
Hondas really are amazing.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
So you:

And this bike still RUNS? After all that butchery?
Hondas really are amazing.
Didn't you no doing that makes it as quick as an R1???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've a 2005 cbr 125 and i'm curious as to what kind (or how much) of improvements you think you're gonna get? I get max 75mph flat out in 6th and on level ground, that's on a good day.
I don't think the engine/gearbox was designed to go much faster either giving that it screams at the top speed. Pushing it further is asking for trouble.
I kinda agree with Simps LOL tbh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Slow as sh#t certainly not my little cbr 125 r on a 12 plate goes over 90 with no mods and I'm 14 stone it hits 85-87 easy and slowly gets up there to the 90s on long straights it's strange as my 15 plate wouldn't go above 87 mph and the 6th gear on the 15 plate was just cruising with no extra power but the 12 plate has more power to give in 6th I've not done anything to it either just put a akrapovic exhaust on it sounds more like a crosser now though and didn't really add any more power to it, I'm not sure if the previous owner did anything to it though

21 - 36 of 36 Posts