125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The retaining clips for the valves are still there right?

Cam lobes aren't worn badly?

May be the valve seats receeding but i've never heard of it happening on a CBR125 before
Yeah the valve seats are gone, the engine needs reconditioning. I think my best bet will be to replace the engine.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
A good used head and a new head gasket may be a cheaper

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
For anyone still interested: I ended up sourcing a new engine for only $100AUD. I replaced the engine myself and the bike now runs beautifully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

First post!

I recently purchased a CBR125R that I knew had a few issues (learner rash, broken mirror, broken footpegs, and so on). The bike itself starts fine (it is the fuel injected model - 2007) without any stuttering or lag. Unfortunately, however, the bike revs itself up, upon starting, to about 4,000rpm and sits there for a good while. That isn't the biggest issue though. When I accelerate the revs do not snap back to zero, that is, they slowly go down until they reach the idle rpm. I have checked the spark plug, oil filter, clutch cable, and the clutch itself (making sure it wasn't sticking). The bike has been sitting for about 5 months and has approximately 30,000kms on it. I am thinking it could be something to do with the valves but I am not sure. Does anyone else have any troubleshooting advice they can offer?

Cheers!
I have a problem problem. On a Honda CBR 2004 rpm they stand at 4k and return slowly? Pleasee

21 - 24 of 24 Posts