125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all

I was wondering if anyone could assist me with cleaning my air filter. I had the petrol tank halfway off yesterday to get to the air filter but felt I needed some advice before doing the job.

Any tips or recomendations on what to do would be appreciated....

Thanks
Stuart

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
If air doesn't clean it, use petrol. That way, if any of it gets sucked back into your engine at a later date, it won't f*ck the engine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ive used petrol to clean the air filter on my car and my minimoto before. Probably not the best stuff to clean air filters with and im sure theres proper stuff out there, but it really does get it clean as a mofo, it just lifts all the dirt and grime off it straight away. Just make sure you leave it to dry out completely before re-fitting it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was raining last night so I didn't get a chance to strip the bike down to clean the filter. Hopefully this afternoon I will get to it.

The only thing I am worried about is the wires and fuel lines under the tank. Looks like a job for four hands.

So I should just dip the filter into my tank hey.... Hehe!!! LoL!!!

Will carb cleaner work? I have a tin somewhere in the house.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Ive used petrol to clean the air filter on my car and my minimoto before. Probably not the best stuff to clean air filters with and im sure theres proper stuff out there, but it really does get it clean as a mofo, it just lifts all the dirt and grime off it straight away. Just make sure you leave it to dry out completely before re-fitting it.
That's why you use petrol, not water. Petrol doesn't matter if it gets in your engine. Water does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.