125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
125cc Sportsbikes Supporter
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post i've made in this section, but want to ask some guys who have CBR's what they are like and compared to the RS 125 what's better/more reliable?

·
Registered
764 Posts
to say whats better all depends on what ppl want from a bike

neways, the cbr is really a confidence building bike...not too fast (like a derestricted rs) but not that slow either. due to large sales of cbr (cheaper than rs) there are lots of mods available on the market, and inherently, cbr is more reliable than rs. although i know ppl that look after their rs and they do last a long time. insurance is bout same, but running cost of rs is higher than cbr

oh yeah, readin the above post, at least u dont make a fool out of urself on a restricted rs...making lots of noise and not goin anywhere

·
125cc Sportsbikes Moderator
5,761 Posts
to say whats better all depends on what ppl want from a bike

neways, the cbr is really a confidence building bike...not too fast (like a derestricted rs) but not that slow either. due to large sales of cbr (cheaper than rs) there are lots of mods available on the market, and inherently, cbr is more reliable than rs. although i know ppl that look after their rs and they do last a long time. insurance is bout same, but running cost of rs is higher than cbr

oh yeah, readin the above post, at least u dont make a fool out of urself on a restricted rs...making lots of noise and not goin anywhere
I have both bikes and i can honestly say my cbr brakes more than my rs. So how do you work out the rs isnt reliable????? Fact is you have no idea so run along.

PS....BUY THE RS

Maybe more expensive to buy, but you spend the same amount after mods on the cbr with little to show for your money. As standard the rs bosts tons more featurs than the crb

Better brakes
Lights
Digital Dash
USD forks
Better shock
Better perfomance
Better frame technolgy

Did i say looks a squilion times better to, The list is endless.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Heres another thing about the CBR - the build quality in my opinion is p**s. Ive stripped it down to the engine and building it back up again. Im not impressed.

Is the RS built better? I mean not thrown together or drawn up during a lunch break?

·
125cc Sportsbikes Moderator
5,761 Posts
You can see they spent money on the rs yes and not just settled from some cheap sh*te. I dont know what the bulid quality is like on the newer cbr 05 onwards as i dont own one. But the 04 model is uber terible.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
I have the 05 one and according to the workshop manual and the parts manual, they are both pretty much the same.

Well, atleast I havent broken anything expensive
or messed up a bike that cost me tons

·
Registered
471 Posts
probably the best build quality is bikes from the 90's where they were made in places like japan,italy and built to lastwhereas now it's thailand,brazil ect made on the cheap to get profits so quality fails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.