125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ! Marci

ok.
did the previous owner give to you a 2nd CrankShaft sp-model/all the Sp-ignition parts ?

What kind of Zaust do you have in it ? "doubt" it's the genuine-Sp Zaust if the bike has been racing and dropping..

bye !
markus

·
Registered
643 Posts
Nope - bike came fully assembled... the owner who raced it and has passed that info on to around 4 diff owners since didn't pass on any additional parts...

No identifying marks or badges etc on exhaust at all... looks relatively standard... rubs on swingarm a bit tho...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope - bike came fully assembled...
Hi !

what a shame, would been nice to have the Sp-ignition. you might quess that i would been asking it from you..

bye !
markus

btw. do you have a steering damber in it ? or at least the fastening places for it at chassy..located at left hand side at chassy (NOT LIKE EVO ! )
(if you dont have the fastening area at your chassy, then your Cagiva aint real old Sp)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
has a mount point on LHS of chassis that had me puzzled as to what should be there... guess that's it then...
Hi !

There ya go ! congratulations, now it is offical. be proud, not every1 has Sp/Racing model..

bye !
markus

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just had full rebuild done (with ceramic bearings
), and Andy Hirst (R4 Racing 2T guru) has confirmed the barrel has been hand-finished without a doubt. Good job it survived...
Hi !

Do you happen to have a "Port map" drawing ? talking about hand finished(more tuned ?) canals

bye

markus

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi!

Anydoby knows which kind of cylinder this polini 165cc is?

My own 66650E SP cylinder is broken, and i need a new one.Is the polini powerful cylinder? I have 38mm carb and SP exhaust system in my freccia sp

Greetings Tomi

·
Does not know Everything !
14,526 Posts
This thread isnt for that sort of thing, stop posting it all around the forum, once is enough thanks.

·
Wheelies on peds with no gear = win
5,960 Posts

·
Does not know Everything !
14,526 Posts
*sighs* i didnt say go away, i said that this thread is for collecting information on the various cylinders and head that cagiva mito's have used throughout its lifetime and the latest 3rd party generic builds are not of interest to the posters.

No offense meant.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi !

This is an Lovely Topic id say

While ago i bought 2-carb manifolds from Germany as New. They were/are C12R Lucky 37mm Manifolds that were in package which had sticker "Mito Sport" with Part Number..
It made mi laugh at 1st but them wonder as i never had heard before that Mito's would use 37Carb in any case/anywhere.

related to topic directly:

This place in Italy has been preparing/tuning some cagiva 125cc cylinder's. http://www.mojoli-eng.com/

bye !
markus

·
Cagiva Geek :)
10,333 Posts
Here is some pics of different cylinders inside.....
Had been great to collect some more, anyone got some others?

sooooo, the one on there looks to be the 66650 that looks best to me, big ports n stuff.
Ive just purchased an engine with 66650e cylinder, 200c head etc,
if i ran one of my 200h head and a single ring piston, with the 34mm carb etc.
what kind of power am i looking at getting from it?
and is there any more things i need to do to it to gain more power ignition advance etc.
cheers lads
colin

·
2 Strokes And I'm Happy
7,063 Posts
to be honest running a normal twin ring piston is just as good as a single ring one. all your gaining from a single ring piston is a slight slight loss in friction and the power gain would be hardly noticeable. a twin ring piston is the much better option as the power is only very slightly less and it will seal better than a single ring piston. only time id ever bother running a single ring piston would be on an out an out race bike which is stripped and rebuilt after every couple of races, on the road its pointless in my opinion.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Most of the seal (that creates power gain/loss) is achieved through a properly matched piston to the bore. A twin ring will prevent some blowby, but at the cost of increased friction.

The number of rings determines the wear characteristics, more of a distribution of weight thing.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
sooooo, the one on there looks to be the 66650 that looks best to me, big ports n stuff.
Ive just purchased an engine with 66650e cylinder, 200c head etc,

and is there any more things i need to do to it to gain more power ignition advance etc.
cheers lads
colin
Hi !

Gilardoni #1 66650E is more tuned than 66650 Gilardoni #1 (i have them both + 1 more that is kind of "Evo3" compered to previous 2 types). Type "E" was originally published for C12R Lucky as a update version to replace the normal Gil#1 66650.

You need to tune up your igniton timing when you add 34carb.

bye

markus

ps. i thought that you sold away your both SC's. nice to hear that ya didnt..

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.