125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TZR: Smokey... Not Burned
3,522 Posts
hi guys, hope you can help. currently got a mates dna 50 round, as he broke down the other day.

i have found it is definatly a fuelling problem.
i have located the vacum pipe, and even sucking on it is not delivering any fuel.
the cylinder is dry as a nuns thingy magig.
i have sucked fuel upto the carb,
there is a strong spark,
and good compression
how does the fuel pump work on these things?

all pipes are clear,

any recommendations?

i am a wizz with tzrs, but this little thing has got me stumped

·
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one able to give a little insight?

oh well. will have to figure this out on my own

·
Tard Wrangler
5,735 Posts
It'll be a faulty petc*ck. I know that sounds like I'm taking the p**s, but that's the proper name for the vacuum operated fuel tap under the tank. Change it.

·
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers jedi
. i thought as much, will get the parts and let you know

·
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update. changed the vacume fuel cut off, and got fuel flowing agian.... but there is a sever lack of vacume. the carb rubber is good, and there is no air leaks, so i can only put it down to either reeds or compression.

i hate scooters..........................

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Pretty sure there is a pump down underneath the fairing. It works by getting air sucked in from the crankcase iirc.

·
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, thats the vacume pump, it works with the oscilating negitive and positive pressure to pump the fuel. problem is there isnt enough vacume to operate the fuel cut off or the pump, and every thing is spotlessly clean. so i can only presume it is either the reeds or the compression. there doesnt seems to be a hell of alot, but my mate has taken the POS back and has subsequently sold it. (all with in a day),

oh well. no skin off my nose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts