125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Hi anyone know where to get a servo for a dt125. It seems to lack a bit of top end so would be nice if I could get hold of one. If it's anything like the RG though they're rare as hell. It's a 1997 btw.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
They are very rare and very expensive. I considered it but in the end just pegged the valve open.

Take the exhaust off and get it so the outlet is bigger (you will see what I mean when you turn the valve) and smooth. Then peg the valve at that. You will have nothing low down (below 6k) but when you hit that powerband none of it matters lol. Mine would get through a head gasket in 300 miles when full power though.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
They are now popping up on ebay for £20 upwards, just make sure that you get the right connectors for your wiring loom / model year of DT etc.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are now popping up on ebay for £20 upwards, just make sure that you get the right connectors for your wiring loom / model year of DT etc.
Yeah I saw some on ebay but not for my 97 bike. It's OK how it is but if there's more power there I want it lol. Surely it shouldn't be getting through a gasket in 300 miles though?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Didn't know you could get them for as cheap as £20. When I was checking I couldn't justify paying what they were going for but I can' remember a price. Maybe I was just really skint and £20 was loads then or something lol.

It shouldn't get through a gasket that quick but it managed it. Maybe the head was warped but I got rid of it so will never know lol. I did used to give it some stick though.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may have found one. Just got to make sure it's the right one for my year. And I take it the actual pv is fitted inside the engine? Not really looked at it very much lol.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
No not inside the engine. I think there's a bracket for it somewhere. You need to make sure you get the pulleys as well and that your PV case has the holes for the PV cables if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No not inside the engine. I think there's a bracket for it somewhere. You need to make sure you get the pulleys as well and that your PV case has the holes for the PV cables if you know what I mean.
The cables are no problem to get hold of on ebay. What's inside the engine atm then I thought they were just pegged shut and you put the servo on them to make them move? Not even had a chance to look at it so I'm just comparing it to the suzuki power valve.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
The servo will go just above the PV with the cables going down into the casing.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the tzr125 yvps fit the dt
cheers

·
Registered
868 Posts
Does the tzr125 yvps fit the dt
cheers
yep, but it may be the tzr-r one that you want servo with built in controller theres another one with seperate control box but thats for pre 95 dtr,pre 93 tzr
head over to tzr forum for more info and yes the rg system is very diffrent

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not sure on that one mate mines got a four pin connector and a single wire i think the one your after is a three pin ask the tzr-r lads they know
you will find more servos etc in the tzr 125 section on ebay most engine parts inter changable with the dtr
Ok cheers mate. I've got no idea what connector is on my bike, haven't looked yet. Should get it back later today.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi ordered a servo, just need to sort the pv out. Was following this http://dtr125.net/ypvsf.htm and it seems he just takes everthing out and puts it back the same? Also need the plastic pulley and housing, are they much from bike dealers?

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts