125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Would recomend using a 15 - 40 or 15 - 50 semi synthetic rather than a 10 - 40 fully synthetic. Using a 10 grade oil is for tuned engines & will need replacing at far shorter intervals than a 15-40.
Also a semi synthetic oil is far kinder to your clutch than a full synthetic, you can get clutch slip on full synthetic but you will not get it on semi- synthetic oil.

Chris.

·
CBR125 Section SuperMod!
6,698 Posts
Would recomend using a 15 - 40 or 15 - 50 semi synthetic rather than a 10 - 40 fully synthetic. Using a 10 grade oil is for tuned engines & will need replacing at far shorter intervals than a 15-40.
Also a semi synthetic oil is far kinder to your clutch than a full synthetic, you can get clutch slip on full synthetic but you will not get it on semi- synthetic oil.
Chris.
cbr service intervals is 2500 so that wont be a issue, and ive tried fully synthetic in my cbr i had no clutch slip at all so go fer it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
cbr service intervals is 2500 so that wont be a issue, and ive tried fully synthetic in my cbr i had no clutch slip at all so go fer it!
The other point being price, one is a lot cheaper than the other, your engine will not bennefit from the over priced fully synthetic, so buying the semi synthetic will leave you with more in your pocket to spend on other things, your pocket, your choice.

Chris.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The other point being price, one is a lot cheaper than the other, your engine will not bennefit from the over priced fully synthetic, so buying the semi synthetic will leave you with more in your pocket to spend on other things, your pocket, your choice.
Chris.
how much money do you think that it will leave you? i mean okay here in greece the difference is like 2 euros and all you can get here with 2 euros is like... a chockolate?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.