125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cracked the engine in half and all kinds of gears and washers started running out...
Found a guide to put it all back together in right order. Priceless imo, made with good camera too! Rotax 122 engine

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
is there a guide anywhere for sticking the crank back in, and putting the crank cases back together?

just incase i get stuck, dont think i will do. im feeling confident lol.
engines out, clutch case off ect. waiting for bearings and seals till i split.

and do i NEED gasket sealant? or will; greasing the gasket be ok?

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
is there a guide anywhere for sticking the crank back in, and putting the crank cases back together?

just incase i get stuck, dont think i will do. im feeling confident lol.
engines out, clutch case off ect. waiting for bearings and seals till i split.

and do i NEED gasket sealant? or will; greasing the gasket be ok?
If you can do it without sealant I always do. The most Important things to do is make sure the surface is mainly free from sh*te and hopefully not too wet ect.
Also just take a loads of pics and then afterwards post them up here ;)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
kool kool.

i am taking pics, will make a thread at somepoint.

and ill keep that vid favourited :p

cheers lol

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Wish i had read this tutorial BEFORE droppin my engine as i pulled the swinging arm bolt out compleatly and i am struggling to get it back in :(
put arm round bike and lify the rear wheel and lift and lower like wiggling it, bolt will go back in then.

make sure all spacers are in place

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
nah ull be able to do it on ur own ;P

providing engines out =/

stand on left of bike, grab bolt with left hnd, but right arm over the bike and put hand through wheel. then just kift and wiggle wheel while pushing bolt in

·
Registered
45 Posts
@Pego30

Could you describe your method of putting new bearings in the cases and how you refit the crankshaft (tool usage, what to look out for and what not do). Maybe you can add some pictures.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,699 Posts
@Pego30

Could you describe your method of putting new bearings in the cases and how you refit the crankshaft (tool usage, what to look out for and what not do). Maybe you can add some pictures.

Thanks
not due a cranks for a few thousend miles <touch wood>

next time it rebuilt ill do it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you need to loosen the pivot bolt? Mine is properly jammed and just will not come loose. I tried WD40 and hitting it with a hammer. I don't really understand what it does, I can unscrew the pivot shaft alright.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pego30, the bid of ur rs running is mint. She revs superbly. Just what mods have you done to achieve it?

Cheers, Dave

41 - 60 of 61 Posts