125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner

Flame exhaust

5K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  Inferno 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Marci said that its possible to get a flame out of the exhaust on the cbr if the baffle is removed is it possible to remove the baffle on a stock exhaust?????

Or just jet it so it runs rich and thus dumps any excess fuel out the exhaust ports on every other stroke... and ride in a snatchy fashion - ie: crack throttle open to full, then slam it shut. That should give you a nice burble on the overrun... all you now need to do is remove the baffle et voila - burble should change to pops of fireballs.

Our sidecar does it everytime you shut the throttle - but our exhaust pipe is a good foot shorter than yours...

Lol

Dunno about the standard exhaust on the cbr but most aftermarket exhaust with baffles have removable ones which are pretty easy to take out. The standard exhaust baffle is probably built in so it'll probably have to be cut out.
oooo i rather not get the baffle cut out at the moment. if i can get it taken out with the option of been put back in i will. but cut out no

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.