125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Flame exhaust, the simple way.

Find your carb's overflow pipe. Probably runs down with the jumble of pipes on the right hand side of the bike.

Re-route it into your end can, just before the back end.

Watch as the carb overflows, drops petrol onto the can which is hotter than the flashpoint of petrol (you don't need to measure this!!!), and the petrol ignites.

Flame exhaust, the simple way.

Find your carb's overflow pipe. Probably runs down with the jumble of pipes on the right hand side of the bike.

Re-route it into your end can, just before the back end.

Watch as the carb overflows, drops petrol onto the can which is hotter than the flashpoint of petrol (you don't need to measure this!!!), and the petrol ignites.
but if you did that surely when the petrol ignites some of the shock wave would travel straight up the pipe and back into your carb?

no im just saying the pressure wave from the igniting fuel would travel back up the tube and f*ck up your carb

no im just saying the pressure wave from the igniting fuel would travel back up the tube and f*ck up your carb
Only if both exhaust and intake valves are open, which they never are at the same time. There is ALWAYS outbound pressure moving from engine to end of exhaust. Pressure wave moving up the exhaust towards the engine is highly unlikely, and even if it did, it'd only get INTO the engine if the exhaust valve was open at that particular time.

You wouldn't notice any effect on engine performance basically, and there's no risk to carb etc etc. On a 2T where there are no valves, yes, you could potentially have a few issues, but on a 4T... no chance.

nah i know it wouldnt go via the engine. I was only thinking that if the carb overflow tube was attatched to the exhaust then the pressure waves would go up that and directly into the carb.

That's what I would do... Run from the carb overflow pipe.

But stick a one-way valve in there
Not a pressure-dependant one though, one that will open with gravity.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.