125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner

Fuel Injected Models

3K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  quicklee99 
#1 ·
Hey guys, im just wondering, i have been told that recently the CBR has been fuel injected, what year did they start doing that?

#10 ·
FI is more efficient. Its been around for years and years. I dont understand why Honda didnt implement FI into the CBR125 before it came out. FI is generally all round better than Carburetors and more robust and durable. Theres no real downsides to FI other than it costs a little more that Carburetors but thats negligible nowadays.

#11 ·
only thing with the FI bikes is that they can be extremely snatchy during roll on. Having not ridden an 07 CBR i dont know how they'll be but i'd imagine they wont be anywhere near as smooth as the carbs because the FI units will be built as cheap as possible. Be interesting to see how they turn out

#12 ·
Injection model isn't coming out until October i'm afraid guys.

Sorry!

#16 ·
I'm just stating it from the local honda dealer when I asked him a week ago.

They WERE due to release it last week, but decided not to.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Look at the price... TBC. That means 'To Be Confirmed'. Which means they haven't decided yet. Which means it isn't on sale yet. Which means you're wrong
And if you take the time to look at the current models, you'll see the carb'd model is still the one they're showing as current. Which, I'm afraid to say, means we won't be seeing the Injection any time soon.

#19 ·
Same price as the previous years models. TBC is always placed on things nowadays. Even age certifications for films. I think it would be to avoid lawsuits over "misinformation". Take it with a grain of salt. Its under 2007 models, has price in GBP, says March and every other model has the month of release, its not hard to guess that its already available! Hell, theres even a guy on ebay who has a 2007 model ready to break up for spares! None of the models here http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/ have been updated with this years. The CBR600RR7 has been out for months now yet theres no mention on that page, just the 2007 page.

#25 ·
as said only the 07 ones have FI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.