125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi I have a question for the exhaust. I've got a standard system at the moment but have got hold of a very good condition standard pipe and Arrow end can. If I fit this system do I need to re-jet it, I've looked for a re-weld on the expansion chamber but can't see one (which tells me it still has a Cat) so can't see it needing a new jet. Am I right??

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
euro 3 exhaust decat two of them to remove this time im afraid also while were at it blank the aux air feed

remove spanny from bike two springs on manifold one near stand one on end can optional remove end can saves weld splatter/marks
cut round fatest part of spanny try two keep it inline makes welding up easier just cut outer edge

now pull it apart 3 inch cut tube cose to front of spanny on opposite side remove 3 spot welds on round plate holdin pipe

centre cats now out and part of 2 inch tube

now you need to remove rest of 2 inch tube

cut the pipe near where it attaches to frame

now tube should pull out

next is to remove front cat near manifold while its in half put it vice hammer chisel it out

all done cats out cut of aux air pipie feed near manifold

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Lads, bought a 58 plate rs in october, this bike is really interesting as it had 2011 panels, clocks, literally everything put on it last year before i owned it, i've wanted to know how to de restrict it since i owned it as its a 11kw, only i went to service it today and when i took the spark plug out its a BR10EG (Full Power spark plug) and i can tell from the look and how it was seized in, its never been changed, therfore im asking if somebody has restricted this bike, The code on the ECU says AC-34 what does this mean? also i noticed a cannister looking thing to the right of the battery its silver and black, powervalve solenoid? any help would be much appreciated!!!
Cheers
Harrison.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Genys, i am 40 something with a brand new RS 125 full power bought brand new here in Qatar (Middle East) where I am working. Bought as a hobby etc. Is any or all of the advice relevant to my 2010 bike? It is stock so looking for the right mods to extrcat power. i am not the smallest person coming in at a little over 6ft and 220 lbs also so suspect need to re gear to get best speed for weight etc.

So what do I do? exhaust, jets, lugs and the like.

PhilH

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does it matter if I use gaffa tape for the power valve sleeve (part 10 on this exploded diagram)? My bike only needs the power valve and it could save me £30.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Does it matter if I use gaffa tape for the power valve sleeve (part 10 on this exploded diagram)? My bike only needs the power valve and it could save me £30.
in summer was fine on mine without one, but winter time i would recomend u get one or the blade gets stuck alot. cant see a problem with tape tbh as its only to stop moisture from going in the housing

·
Registered
6 Posts
I realize this post is old, but i want to derestrict my 2011 model rs125, and i have bought an arrow exhaust, i'm going derestrict the CDI unit, but i've been looking to find the powervalves and rave unit, but its impossible to find a rave unit that is for my year because they all seem to be 1999-2005 or earlier, will these rave units fit? Does the 2011 model need one for the powervalve to work?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I realize this post is old, but i want to derestrict my 2011 model rs125, and i have bought an arrow exhaust, i'm going derestrict the CDI unit, but i've been looking to find the powervalves and rave unit, but its impossible to find a rave unit that is for my year because they all seem to be 1999-2005 or earlier, will these rave units fit? Does the 2011 model need one for the powervalve to work?
Thanks
hello mate mine is a 2011 aswel which is now full power, u dont need a rave unit for these models if its the new shape....u need a solenoid, cable, housing and blade on the new bikes the rave to control the solenoid is built into the cdi. with the arrow exhaust and powervalve i hope u understand the carb will need to be re jetted aswel and the snorkals on the airbox unblocked as one is blocked up when its not full power

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can I add a rave conversion to an etx125, I have everything but can't find any spare plugs to attach solenoid and rave box to the loom. Could this just be wired into the harness ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the FP model euro 3 2012. Ive derestricted the ECU. I have a complete stainless steel tyga exhaust system and I'm going to get the Aprilia RS125 Flat Slide Dellorto 34mm Racing carburettor. I know I'll have to get the jets just right to match my exhaust but what would be a good size ( jets and stuff) set up to start with ? I do plan on doing spark plug chops to find out but just need to know if the jets in it will be any good or what other size to start off with.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi guys quick question I got a 61 plate rs 11 kW got almost everything to deristrict it but people are saying I don't have to use a 34 mm carb app the 28 mm don't need rejecting either? Is this true and can I get away with the 28 mm for a while until I get a exhaust for it maybe?? Any advice would be class thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need some help.. My aprilia rs 125 rides only 110km/h, and then something "stops" it, i fell that it can ride 130-140 but i think there is some kind of limiter. Where??
I have power valve such as this : https://www.google.lt/search?q=rs+125+cdi+derestriction&biw=1920&bih=979&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=nV8QVYzNMIHkUPTsgKgL&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=aprilia+rs+125+power+valve+box&imgdii=_&imgrc=3uEiY4yOxBC1HM%253A%3B5W5fIX78FITRNM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.apriliaforum.com%252Fforums%252Fattachment.php%253Fattachmentid%253D67488%2526stc%253D1%2526d%253D1185919925%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.apriliaforum.com%252Fforums%252Fshowthread.php%253F123862-RAVE-unit-7800%3B400%3B300

I think it should go faster..

41 - 60 of 65 Posts