125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2rk today for the grand sum of 20 bensons from my m8, it's been laid up for 2 years and is in need of a complete stripdown and rebuild.

Have got the frame booked in for powdercoating along with my mito frame, swingarm and wheels for the grand sum of ?150.

Just have to look on evil bay for a swingarm and wheels so i can get rid of that ugly drum brake from the rear and then find a ypvs servo etc.

The dremel fairy might even visit and tidy things up while the engine is being rebuilt.

G

·
Just bought a 2rk today for the grand sum of 20 bensons from my m8, it's been laid up for 2 years and is in need of a complete stripdown and rebuild.

Have got the frame booked in for powdercoating along with my mito frame, swingarm and wheels for the grand sum of ?150.

Just have to look on evil bay for a swingarm and wheels so i can get rid of that ugly drum brake from the rear and then find a ypvs servo etc.

The dremel fairy might even visit and tidy things up while the engine is being rebuilt.
Scotland aint a shire county

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
excellent deal.i feel i need a visit fro the dremel fairy too!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well i stripped the tank and it's got more holes than a block of swiss cheese and 1 side of the tank has a dent the size of a tennis ball about 1 inch deep full of filler, so a new tank is on my list of parts, the fairings don't look too bad except the nose fairing which someone tried to strip the paint with a hot air paintstripper

Side panels are in grey primer so just have to tidy them up and then give them a coat of renault pearl black ( nice and shiny ) i have about 5 litres of the stuff so more than enough to paint the bike.

Pics to follow soon if i can get my memory card back from my step daughter.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
excellent mate!is it a project to do up and sell on?or something you intend riding and keeping?all the best of luck with it mate, and hope it hapens quicker than mine!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE. The wiring loom looks like it has been made by a gorilla after 20 pints of stella and the frame is covered in about 5 layers of silver hammerite which is being taken back to bare metal ready for powder coating or respraying depending on what colours the missus wants.

The engine needs a full rebuild and the powervalve kit fitted.

Whats the most that can be skimmed from the head before you run into problems with reliability??

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Don't know, but soon I shall be producing looms, if you're interested

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for the offer on the loom but being stuck up here near aberdeen and the oil industry i know a lot of engineers, one is making me a loom for free and i'm getting the frame blasted and powder coated for fook all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.