125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I'm at the point where I want more from my RS. At the minute, it's got-

34mm carb (40 idle, needle top clip and 158 main)- rich at the bottom but that helps keep things cool.
airbox
Arrow pipe
cleaned up (but not ported) barrel
1mm squish

and it's quick. But I know there's a little more hidden in there...

I'm thinking of buying a Jolly Moto SP or Corsa pipe- I need a pipe for my road bike so could use the Arrow I've already got on the road bike and treat my race bike to a Jolly Moto. The question is, is it worth it? I've googled the crap out of it but can't find a direct comparison between the Arrow pipe and Jolly Moto's offerings. I don't mind more frequent rebuilds if I can get a few more bhp.

·
Premium Member
11,743 Posts
the corsa really comes alive with a open filter

and don't believe the hype !!! they don't move the power up that much

the main difference I found was the increase in tourq just amazing

I use the airbox with the corsa

you can tune the corsa to suit your barrels spec and power range

they come with spacers for the header to adjust the lenth of the header which adjusts the power delivery

they also really really come alive with after market cdi / maps

jolly moto corsa FTW

I just wish I still had access to a dyno to do back to back comparisons with an arrow

have you looked into software to make your own pipes kayla ? its something ive always wanted to do but never had the time

also look for a vforce 2 delta reed block on ebay 2nd hand from a ktm best reed block ive had with great increase in power (and ive tried italkits reedblock, vf3, boyseen)

the other 2 mods that really made a difference to power delivery was the 415 conversion and the lighter sp marchessini wheels

the wheels made a massive difference and was the most surprising mod if done to my rs

another helpful one was opening the intake port (tear dropping it ) this also made a massive difference more so when using a open filter

any way if your like me and don't have the time or knowledge to make your own pipe id say jm corsa is the one to go for there a work of art

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the corsa really comes alive with a open filter

and don't believe the hype !!! they don't move the power up that much

the main difference I found was the increase in tourq just amazing

I use the airbox with the corsa

you can tune the corsa to suit your barrels spec and power range

they come with spacers for the header to adjust the lenth of the header which adjusts the power delivery

they also really really come alive with after market cdi / maps

jolly moto corsa FTW

I just wish I still had access to a dyno to do back to back comparisons with an arrow

have you looked into software to make your own pipes kayla ? its something ive always wanted to do but never had the time
Thanks for that! I'd love to be able to make pipes but we just don't have the time/money/skill/patience to do it. I'll look into getting a corsa then, eh?

·
Premium Member
11,743 Posts
Thanks for that! I'd love to be able to make pipes but we just don't have the time/money/skill/patience to do it. I'll look into getting a corsa then, eh?
its apparently easy if you have the software all you need is the right steel and a welder

you enter the bore stroke and other specs of your bike in the software and it designs a pipe for what ever power delivery you want from it

all you do is print the templates cut the steel roll and weld them

http://buildandclick.com/html/tuned_pipe.html

apparently lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
aparentemente es fácil si tiene el software, todo lo que necesita es el acero correcto y un soldador

ingresa la carrera del diámetro interior y otras especificaciones de su bicicleta en el software y diseña una tubería para la entrega de potencia que desee de ella

todo lo que haces es imprimir las plantillas cortar el rollo de acero y soldarlos

Tuned Pipe

aparentemente lol
[/COTIZAR]
Hola yo tengo ese programa para hacer escapes y también un libro con los cálculos.hago escapes artesanales.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure if theres any difference between Giannelli and Arrow belly, but here's my comparison between Giannelli and JM Corsa, (with the same 140cc lightly ported block) giannelli powerband starts at 7.8, open valve at 8.5 and peak around 10~10.5k rpm, where JM Corsa powerband starts at 8k, open valve at 9.2 and Peak at 11~11.5. but the torque at low rpm is best with JM Corsa, compared to Giannelli.

i would say a custom pipe would be better if you are trying out to get more power at higher RPM. i did try to raise the overall height and it peaked at 12k but theres a low spot at 10k.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
876 Posts
A note on reed cage. Only the Boyesen Rad valve was ever actually proven on the dyno to give more power. The rest only changed the "response" but that can be down to part throttle jetting as well ..
There were few reeds on it amongst other Vforce V2, and V3 ...... It was done on a cage very simmilar to an rs125/ktm...

I have that exhaust calculator from build and click. There is also FOS calculator for free online (the guy behind the design of the RSA125....!)

Al these are just a starting poing and one needs a dyno to make them really good (or better than OEM)

Reactions: Dmitry
1 - 11 of 11 Posts