125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've got a charging problem with my KTM Duke 125. I was at traffic lights and a low battery warning came up on the screen and then the bike cut out.

I tried bump starting it to no avail. Ended up trailering it home and charged the battery. I then tried to start it but there was an engine manangement warning light on the dash, it was 2 short flashes followed by 4 long flashes, ktm uk said its a battery voltage signal too low. I charged the battery up to around 13.6v put it on the bike and it still wouldn't start, the warning light was still on and the starter would not engage.

I used a screwdriver to short the starter solenoid out and the bike started up and ran for about a minute, the warning light disapeared and everything seemed fine but the battery wasnt charging. The voltage of the battery on the bike at 5000rpm was down at 11.6v and decreasing slowly.

The low battery voltage warning popped up agian and I turned the bike off.

I checked the resistance of the stator wires which were 1.3, 1.2 and 1.7 ohms, i then checked the rectifier for resistance accross the diodes. the diodes seemed fine and the all worked in the right way.
I replaced the battery for a new one but it didn't work. I then thought that the regulator may be gone so bought a new rectifier/regulater, and that didn't work.

The only thing i think that is left is that stator? Any ideas what else i could check?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I've got a charging problem with my KTM Duke 125. I was at traffic lights and a low battery warning came up on the screen and then the bike cut out.

I tried bump starting it to no avail. Ended up trailering it home and charged the battery. I then tried to start it but there was an engine manangement warning light on the dash, it was 2 short flashes followed by 4 long flashes, ktm uk said its a battery voltage signal too low. I charged the battery up to around 13.6v put it on the bike and it still wouldn't start, the warning light was still on and the starter would not engage.

I used a screwdriver to short the starter solenoid out and the bike started up and ran for about a minute, the warning light disapeared and everything seemed fine but the battery wasnt charging. The voltage of the battery on the bike at 5000rpm was down at 11.6v and decreasing slowly.

I checked the resistance of the stator wires which were 1.3, 1.2 and 1.7 ohms, i then checked the rectifier for resistance accross the diodes. the diodes seemed fine and the all worked in the right way.
I replaced the battery for a new one but it didn't work. I then thought that the regulator may be gone so bought a new rectifier/regulater, and that didn't work.

The only thing i think that is left is that stator? Any ideas what else i could check?

Thanks,

Chris
[/QUOT
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Chris
I am experiencing the exact same problem as you and did everything just as you did. Did you try to put in a new stator?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts