125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Got to say, I'm really enjoying the bike and I know most of the people on here laugh at 4T's but for someone like me who's probably a lot older than most on here and only rode a bike for the first time a month ago when I did my CBT, it seems plenty fast enough for now! :)
I should probably qualify this and say I was referring specifically to 125cc machines! :)

·
125cc Sportsbikes Supporter
7,613 Posts
I don't get laughed at even though the CBR looks like something out of a Hot Wheels packet. Just get the p**s ripped out of me on here by bigger cc haters :p

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
How do you my ego feels I had a CBR125 and now an SV650s... Both did and are currently doing their jobs perfectly.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Rumour has it that the new 350 4 stroke motor from KTM shares very similar casings to the 125 duke and should go in with little effort. I don't know anyone that has tried it though but easy enough to measure it up. Having said all that you might aswell just stick some 17's on the 350 and have yourself a tidy supermoto.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Rumour has it that the new 350 4 stroke motor from KTM shares very similar casings to the 125 duke and should go in with little effort. I don't know anyone that has tried it though but easy enough to measure it up. Having said all that you might aswell just stick some 17's on the 350 and have yourself a tidy supermoto.
Apparently the next of the smaller Duke's is gonna' be a 300 or 350. What do we reccon', 45bhp?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
They want use the MX motor in a road bike, service intervals would be silly. The EXC makes 45ish but 33 would make sense for the duke?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
They want use the MX motor in a road bike, service intervals would be silly. The EXC makes 45ish but 33 would make sense for the duke?
Yeah, the 125 makes 15bhp, the 200 makes 24bhp so yes, 33bhp for a 300/350 4 stroke makes sense and would allow people who've done their A2 to ride it. 45bhp would be better tho'! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 350 four stroke engine will make upto 50bhp if set up right, but I believe the engine they will use is the same motor fitted to the new free ride 350 which is a lot softer tan the SXF350 engine.
I have just big bored my 125 duke to 197cc, gas flowed the head, re profiled the cams and modified the throttle body, haven't rode it yet but looking forward to it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The 350 four stroke engine will make upto 50bhp if set up right, but I believe the engine they will use is the same motor fitted to the new free ride 350 which is a lot softer tan the SXF350 engine.
I have just big bored my 125 duke to 197cc, gas flowed the head, re profiled the cams and modified the throttle body, haven't rode it yet but looking forward to it.
Interesting, I presume any mod above 125 would require a full licence, in that case the other alternative would be a used 690 Duke - plenty of power out of the box in the same body.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Interesting, I presume any mod above 125 would require a full licence, in that case the other alternative would be a used 690 Duke - plenty of power out of the box in the same body.
Yes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just bought a brand new ktm duke 125 and still have a 150 miles to go for my first service where the dealer said the bike will be able to have a higher rev range and more power. Being used to 2 strokes like my old rd125 lc and dt 125 they were very easy to derestrict yes i am 45 years old and still ride a 125. But this is the first 4 stroke 125 i have ever bought or ridden in my life and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised of how much torque it had so what it doesn't do a 100mph like my old aprillia rs 125. It is an amazing bike with more technology than my van and is great fun around town and on the country roads. Hopefully I will be able to get a bit more out of the top end after its first service. But so far I cant complain its a great bike to ride

21 - 32 of 32 Posts