125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
125cc Sportsbikes Moderator
5,761 Posts
One tip leave it standard. Dont change the forks or calipers or fairings its a pain in the arse.

Theres lots of good examples about with really low milage for there age, just look for service history, valve clearence work and get recipets.

Same as anyother bike really.

V4Crew

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Always buy a VFR with original panels will hold is value... looks 100x better too!!
99% of VFRs have been crashed by previous owners so check for anything major... dents in frame cracks ect...
See if pegs have been scrapped... always an indication how its been ridden,
Keeping it standard is a plus.. expect exhaust!
Lowest milage you can find it always good... check if its got an MPH converter as it will have more KM on than it says... make sense?
How clean everything is UNDER the fairings gives you an idea how well it was looked after....

Easy to remember

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
fork seals and shafts, as there so old that the shafts are normally scored and cause alot of problems.

also invest in some nice sp1 calipers for the front brakes as they are a very very good mode imo

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
ive found nothing major with mine, just look for a clean low mileage example theres a few about at a tidy price.
not the most powerful bike in the world but what they lack in a straight line they make up for the hoots you can have on the corners

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Rads are easily replaced. Frames dent/dings are a more sure sign of crashing.

End of the day, most bikes have been down the road, especially of that age.

Just make sure you don't buy a bike simply because it has mint fairings. Look underneath it's clothes.

(It's Graham on Luke's account)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers guys

Will keep all that in mind, was planning on keeping it mainly standard (except the can)
Think for a fairly old bike still looks nice (although i do like Craigs) but i have nowhere near enough money (or time) to mod like that.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
No, you'll need to grow at least 2 inches....

LOL

Should be fine on a NC30, quite a low seat height and fairly compact, I'd think you'd find it fairly comfy really.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
when you get there just kikc the wheel and if shes still standing then say 'ill take it'

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
good luck mate and hope you enjy the ride of the vfr400 there pretty mint

lovly to get your knee down on if your into that sort of thing

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good luck mate and hope you enjy the ride of the vfr400 there pretty mint

lovly to get your knee down on if your into that sort of thing
Unfortunately plans have been set back a few months till i get the money together but will still get one.

Yeah cant wait, dont trust the push bike tyres on my cbr to lean too far over. lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.