125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am currently looking for a cbr 150 in the uk, i intend on swapping it into my cbr 125.
i would like to source one from the uk but if i need to import it from abroad i guess im gonna have to bite the bullet,
Im well aware that i will have to change my carb and cdi but i think thats it???
Any help or infomation is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
would it not be cheaper to source a150 barrel piston and head rather than a whole engine. try honda dealers and ebay.

·
125cc Sportsbikes Supporter
7,613 Posts
Rare as rocking horse doo doo they are!

Just get a malossi bbk and have the stock carb properly set up, much cheaper.

Why do you want a 150 engine? The head and barrel/piston with cams rockers etc etc is roughly £500 not including postage and customs charges. I might be able to source you one I'll check through my contacts list later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW thank you for the speedy reply's really appreciated

To cut a long story short i ran my bike to work without any coolant in it and i melted the piston as a result.
I am now struggling to remove my piston i have the retaining clips removed but the pin that holds the piston to the con rod doesn't seem to be coming out. There is about 2-3mm play but as the piston has deformed due to the high heat it it doesn't seem to be coming out. I cant afford to take it to a mechanic at the moment this isn't really an option, and tackling the bottom end is something i havn't done before so not to sure about going in deep. If i can get the piston released would it be as simple as replacing the barrel piston and carb ? thank you again for all your help.

·
125cc Sportsbikes Supporter
7,613 Posts
Would be easier to just replace with another 125 engine surely?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it seemed that there wasn't too much more damage to the rest of the engine and i figured i could save some cash by just replacing the piston and rings and honing the barrel, or maybe putting a 150 top end on. as i don't seem to be able to release the piston from the con rod i was gonna buy a 150 engine for now and put the original engine into storage till i can afford to get it fixed, i figured a 150 engine because i'm bored of the bike and will more than likely be riding it for another year or there abouts. i also hadn't considered the price of the 150 engines.
thank you again.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
You cant afford a mechanic but you CAN afford a complete new engine?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hello all, I am currently looking for a cbr 150 in the uk, i intend on swapping it into my cbr 125.
i would like to source one from the uk but if i need to import it from abroad i guess im gonna have to bite the bullet,
Im well aware that i will have to change my carb and cdi but i think thats it???
Any help or infomation is greatly appreciated.
I have a cbr 150 engine and a 166 tunned original 125 engine. How much do you want to spend?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts