125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hoping to get a few pointers, I’ve bought a FP 2008 RS and stripped it to bits the day after buying it.

What does the vacuum pressure switch do and do I need it? Mine was hanging loose and I’m pretty sure the vac pipe from the carb and the little filter pipe were on the wrong way round.

I gather it should be attached to a bracket with the SAI bits, is it part of the same system? Mine has no SAI system on it so presume it’s been deleted?

There is a little white clip with a zip tie through it down near the front sprocket, riveted onto the frame. What is it supposed to hold?

There is a brass union fitting on the RH crank case, above the stator cover. Mine has nothing attached to it. Should it have a breather pipe or something on it?

Ryan

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
Hi, hoping to get a few pointers, I’ve bought a FP 2008 RS and stripped it to bits the day after buying it.

What does the vacuum pressure switch do and do I need it? Mine was hanging loose and I’m pretty sure the vac pipe from the carb and the little filter pipe were on the wrong way round.

I gather it should be attached to a bracket with the SAI bits, is it part of the same system? Mine has no SAI system on it so presume it’s been deleted?

need pictures to see what carb is on the bike

There is a little white clip with a zip tie through it down near the front sprocket, riveted onto the frame. What is it supposed to hold?

pictures ?

There is a brass union fitting on the RH crank case, above the stator cover. Mine has nothing attached to it. Should it have a breather pipe or something on it?

should have a small breather pipe on it

Ryan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s got the dreaded vhst 28 CD on in unfortunately!

I’ve taken my PV solenoid off and taken it off its bracket and the plunger pulls straight out of the inside. Is this normal? In the manual it says to adjust the tension in the cable to .5mm which is impossible as the middle comes straight out and contacts the bracket

1 - 4 of 4 Posts