125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my mito has been sitting for about 3 mounths will i worked on it, just got it to the stage where was ready to fire it up and nothing, zip, bugger all.I then bought a new battery thinking it could be that slapped it on and still noting, no lights, horn it doesnt even turn over, i have checked the earths and all seem fine and still nothing.I have not touched any electrics as i was only repainting the faring so i have no idea whats wrong!

Any ideas or suggestions would be great, as its doin my head in at tho moment

·
Registered
424 Posts
hiya the only thing i can recommend is to go through it bit by bit check the fuses maybe some corosion in a plug pull them appart check them/clean them up. good luck with it must be quite simple if everything has gone.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hiya the only thing i can recommend is to go through it bit by bit check the fuses maybe some corosion in a plug pull them appart check them/clean them up. good luck with it must be quite simple if everything has gone.
Thanks lads i have checked most connection blocks and all fuses and nothing not checked the ignition switch yet, does any one know if its a sealed unit or not?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
It'll be a wire coming from the ignition. Or you're silly and haven't put the connections back on the battery. Have a search and there's a decent wiring diagram that was posted the other week. Pretty colours and all that.

·
Registered
895 Posts
hi my mito has been sitting for about 3 mounths will i worked on it, just got it to the stage where was ready to fire it up and nothing, zip, bugger all.I then bought a new battery thinking it could be that slapped it on and still noting, no lights, horn it doesnt even turn over, i have checked the earths and all seem fine and still nothing.I have not touched any electrics as i was only repainting the faring so i have no idea whats wrong!

Any ideas or suggestions would be great, as its doin my head in at tho moment
Did it sit inside or outside in the elements?

Mark

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just a thought, before you start attacking the wiring, the new battery is definately ok and fully charged isn't it?

I know its probably fine, but how you'd feel like this
if you discovered later that the it was just the new one was duff!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a thought, before you start attacking the wiring, the new battery is definately ok and fully charged isn't it?

I know its probably fine, but how you'd feel like this
if you discovered later that the it was just the new one was duff!
Thanks everyone for your help its finally fired into life, a pin in one of my multi pin connector on wiring loom had corroded away and snapped off.Stuck a pin in it for now will replace it when its not dark and sodding cold.

thanks again lads.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks everyone for your help its finally fired into life, a pin in one of my multi pin connector on wiring loom had corroded away and snapped off.Stuck a pin in it for now will replace it when its not dark and sodding cold.

thanks again lads.
Nice one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.