125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
125cc Sportsbikes Supporter
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im new here, and have owned my TZR for about a month now - in that time it has been running fine - has a few bits and bobs done such as fork seals, swing arm bearings, pads ect.. Since buying the bike it has started first time, on the first kick, everytime without fail...

Then...

The other day, i went to start it...kicked it over and it started...ran for about 10 seconds...came to a stop...hmm i thought...so i tried again, and nothing.
Turns out that the spark plus is not sparking at all !
I have changed the spark plug - but still nothing !
Anyone got any suggestion on what to look at first, and where to start ?

Also i am on the look out for one of those single seat pod things that cover up the back seat...if you have one going please let me know !

So hi everyone, if anyone live in Devon adn want to go for a ride just let me know (whne im back on the road that is!!).

Edd x x x

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
she looks good mate! i see what you mean about the colour, but i think i could live with it so long as its done properly

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
is that an allspeed pipe?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
rare as fook on the second hand market.dont even know if you can get them new anymore!?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
that rings a bell actually

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Gibson... Thought they made guitars?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
makers of fine acoustic equipment obviosly!

·
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Indeed it is, but its not in the best condition ever !!
Thats one of the many improvments i have made, as well as fitting new switch gear (TZR 250 stuff - gives a better feel!)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
The 125 switch gear that came on my bike was a crock o' sh*te. The indicator switch felt like it wasn't engaging properly, the horn switch barely worked, and the rest of it was just generally crap.

Slap the 250 set on and it feels like a new bike. More robust, generally nicer, and it looks the sh*t.

·
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice one fella, you'r not the first to say the 250 switch gear is better, i honestly dont have a problem with mine.

as far as im aware is the 125 one still as well.
Yeah, i didnt have a problem with it, it jsut all broke off, and i couldnt find any replacments, so i tookn a risk a bought some TZR250 stuff, this right side fitts straight on, but the left needed re wireing before it would go on...not a prob though !

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I must have a third party throttle on mine then - my throttle didn't fit with the 250 switchgear.

Did you set up the pass light? I'm thinking about doing some fancy wiring for mine, so it actually turns off the dip beam when you use the pass switch to enable main beam...

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
The 125 switch gear that came on my bike was a crock o' sh*te. The indicator switch felt like it wasn't engaging properly, the horn switch barely worked, and the rest of it was just generally crap.

Slap the 250 set on and it feels like a new bike. More robust, generally nicer, and it looks the sh*t.
i wouldnt know the difference, mine looks nice enough, smallish . . .black . . .has buttons.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
You /would/ notice the difference... If you use your switch gear that is

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.