125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a ns125r which has a micron full system and ram air filter i tried a jet 120 instead of the 110 fitted but it seemed to run worst so swapped it back and it runs better i have read that you need to upjet it to compansate the extra air coming in or it will over heat but mine never get above half way even at 85mph on bypass lasting about 5 mins obviosly not quite in the red dont want to put that much stress on it could this still damage the engine and wot size jets would people reccomend would you need to swap all jets or is it mainly just the main jet thanks for any advise anybody can give

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
hi,
i used own the very same bike (one of the best early 2t's i had tbh) with the micron fitted, made a big difference to power.
i'd be very surprised if your not running lean ...
tried a plug chop? & set up rest of carb settings?
i'll dig out some old records for what set carb set up i was using, see if that helps.
cheers,
GAZ

·
Registered
383 Posts
You dont really need to change it, mine came with a Micron then i bought a stock Zorst and changed them often enough without issue. For average road use you shouldn't notice a difference.

·
Registered
NS125R
3 Posts
hi,
i used own the very same bike (one of the best early 2t's i had tbh) with the micron fitted, made a big difference to power.
i'd be very surprised if your not running lean ...
tried a plug chop? & set up rest of carb settings?
i'll dig out some old records for what set carb set up i was using, see if that helps.
cheers,
GAZ
Thanks very much Gaz!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts