125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
yep your oil pump mate, located on the right hand side of the bike if i can remember. if you dont wunna do it then take her to a dealer and tell him its running oil too rich.

how often do you fill the 2 stroke up mate?? and does the bike splutter at all(how many tanks of fuel do you use to a tube of 2 stroke)

macey

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
could be if its just that, as it wont cost much to get sorted... id probably have it off him as its not to bad a job

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
unsure as to what oil is used as i got it with the bike lets say it's red in color thats all i know.i was concidering draining off that oil and getting motul 600 as thats what used before with my other nsr's.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
ok , motul 600 is perfect (more expensive than the castrol TSX) . could be a faulty pump . did you check oil consumption ? it's around 2% (1L of oil for 5-6 full tank) . i suggest : fill your oil tank and petrol tank , ride it normaly , then after your 2nd refill (20L of petrol used) complete your oil bottle with a mesure (the one used by your mother) and look if you are around 2%

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
right has been some time but have now done the checks and have found it uses hardly any oil to a full tank and (fingers crossed here!!!) and had no problems with bike since owning it all i have done is replaced oil with motul 600 and changed spark plug to an iridium plug. have decided to do test on this bike now and move on to a rather nice cbr600fs i have seen at the dealers not far from me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.