125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Any CBR125R owners out there? I can't stand the CBR forum, it's filled with dumb-assed idiots who don't know their arses from their elbows!

Just wanted to know how many others have done like I did and gotten a CBR as well as their TZR.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hey,

Any CBR125R owners out there? I can't stand the CBR forum, it's filled with dumb-assed idiots who don't know their arses from their elbows!

Just wanted to know how many others have done like I did and gotten a CBR as well as their TZR.
i rode a cbr and when i got off i couldnt stop laughing.. all that technology and sporty looks on a bike that struggled to hit 70.
anyway i asked the owner what they were going to do to deristrict it etc, and then told me they had!! lol.
it had exhaust, filters and anything else he could use and it was still slow... however it did sound better than the cbr with a standard exhaust on !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Back here in South Africa the CBr 125s are also slow as sh*tt hitting a fan LOL when my pv were stuffed i still knock the sh*t out of them never never buy cbr 125 it like 50 with suriods

DA

i whould say the sh*tty Honda Ls 125 is faster

DA

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
the cbr125r is basicly a honda cg125, with a fairing.have alook next time you see either on the road.

why oh why did honda not stick a GOOD 4t in the nsr125r chassis?it actually looked like a blade

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
the cbr125r is basicly a honda cg125, with a fairing.have alook next time you see either on the road.

why oh why did honda not stick a GOOD 4t in the nsr125r chassis?it actually looked like a blade
the cg and cbr engines are completely different though, but i see where you're coming from.

personally not a fan of the CBR, mutton dressed as lamb.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
I object to that! I try and stay on topic in that section. I do help out as much as I can with what I know as I do have quite a bit of in depth experience with the CBR125 as Ive owned one for over a year and a half now. Also I know the in-and-outs of it from stripping it down to the engine and even splitting that apart. Im in the process of building the bike back up.

If you have any technical queries about the bike or want to find out with anything in regards to it, I will do my best to help. I have diagrams of it, as well as the workshop manual and I will take high-res photos of specific areas.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
more like mutton dressed as mutton.
my mrs had one as a loan bike while her zxr400 was in for some work(she wasnt happy)to start with she actually quite liked it, said it was absolutely fantastic for town work, but as soon as she got onto open roads it was sh*t.what is the power out put on them?as surely honda wouldnt have released it with a seriously underpowered motor?

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
The power output is about 13bhp. I dont think its that bad for open roads, but then again I havent ridden anything else apart from a Suzuki GZ on open roads so I dont have any real comparisons. It has a good profile for commuting in busy roads with it being skinny. However I do think its a misnomer to have the CBR125 branded as the CBR125 since it has nothing in common with the rest of the CBRs apart from the Honda badge (bike is made in Thailand) and being 4 stroke. But saying that, I wouldnt fault anyone buying one as they are pretty robust for what they are.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I object to that! I try and stay on topic in that section. I do help out as much as I can with what I know as I do have quite a bit of in depth experience with the CBR125 as Ive owned one for over a year and a half now. Also I know the in-and-outs of it from stripping it down to the engine and even splitting that apart. Im in the process of building the bike back up.

If you have any technical queries about the bike or want to find out with anything in regards to it, I will do my best to help. I have diagrams of it, as well as the workshop manual and I will take high-res photos of specific areas.
Apologies ABC, I didn't mean EVERYONE.

I meant most of the people on there.

For example...

The question "do I need to oil my chain" shouldn't even need asking.

As for "will oiling my chain make my bike go faster?", don't even get me started!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Can I fit a radio and some 6x9's to my RS125?"

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
LMFAO _ _ _ i couldnt say it better myself...

mind you im f**king p**sed of now as i went off on a rant about pointing the finger at the chavs with no proof even though.. ah f*ck it i cant be arse to write it again..

anyway long story short, my damn post disapeared when i tried to preview... bollocks!

·
Registered
930 Posts
think you can get a version of the cbr125 made in thailand for the jap market with 20bhp. titanium valves and exhaust etc etc..... stilla tarted up cg125 ! lol, why don't some one turbo charge one?

i'm a tzr coffin dodger too........................

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
See the thread in the CBR forum about turbos

See also CBR owners trying every which way including oiling their chains (and not oiling them) to get that extra 0.5BHP

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Instead of the 'fox' (fox-eye lights, which incidentally, kick out shedloads of light!)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.