125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went along to silverstone on wednesday to the school
Just as I expected, it poured down with rain & thought they would have cancelled & re scheduled, but nope, they gave it the go ahead! I was a little nervous, like I said i wasnt that confident riding in the rain, but out on the track, theres alot more grip than i thought.
Had an instructor to myself, which was nice! & he was a top bloke, explained things well before we went out there. Did a steady lap to learn the track then booted it! We were passing all the blokes on the 500's easy! Did half a session, pulled into pits & instructor said I was doing really well, just explained body position a bit more & off out we went for 2nd half. Finished session & instructor said I was the best he'd ever taken on track
Despite it tipping down, & hands froze to death, I had a cracking time & Ron Haslam signed me a birthday card! The bike was superb aswell, i was actually a little disappointed getting on my 125 this morning just dying for it to go faster

Next year, ill definatley do the 600 for sure!
Heres my pics the school took, waiting on some more from my dad aswell

· Registered
1,462 Posts
sweet pictures

looks good, want to book one of these for me and a mate to do, is it worth the money?
the leaflet i got says you can use a 600rr straight away, or have i got it the wrong way around ?

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet pictures

looks good, want to book one of these for me and a mate to do, is it worth the money?
the leaflet i got says you can use a 600rr straight away, or have i got it the wrong way around ?
Some people dont think it is, but I did. Since they provide everything, bike, all equipment if needed, and I couldnt really put a price on all the advice ron had given me.
You can go straight to 600 but they ask you what you ride on the road, since Im on 125 with CBT they recommended the 'on track', which is cbr125, cbr250 or cb500. And since im a plastic fantastic, i went for the 250

My instructor said next time i can go to the 600's cause i already did the 250, they keep track of you courses etc, which is nice

· Registered
1,462 Posts
Some people dont think it is, but I did. Since they provide everything, bike, all equipment if needed, and I couldnt really put a price on all the advice ron had given me.
You can go straight to 600 but they ask you what you ride on the road, since Im on 125 with CBT they recommended the 'on track', which is cbr125, cbr250 or cb500. And since im a plastic fantastic, i went for the 250

My instructor said next time i can go to the 600's cause i already did the 250, they keep track of you courses etc, which is nice
Ahh fair enough, will look into it :) as i want to do a track day but no way on a 125, and i know that not many tracks allow you with a restricted license

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Donington, Mallory, Anglesy and Silverstone are the ones in aware of where you don't need a full bike license. Especially if you go through with No Limits, apparently focused are a bit iffy with it.

· Registered
788 Posts
Ahh fair enough, will look into it :) as i want to do a track day but no way on a 125, and i know that not many tracks allow you with a restricted license
ive done 3 on my Rs, fantastic feelin when you scream up the inside of someone on something thats faster than youre bike!

· Registered
1,462 Posts
well I'm on a 13hp cbr (until september), which is significantly slower than an rs
I wouldn't like to be on any track with such a slow bike, would be nice to do one on a rs 125 though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.