125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all iv been rebuilding my 2004 rs125 for over a year now and the big fireup came yesterday,
Full engine rebuild all seals bearings crank barrel piston the works

Standard 28mm carb fully rebuilt new intake manifold , boyesen dual reeds ,
Has fuel tygra exhaust and original air box but panel filter , standard snorkel
off the advise from pj engineering i set the jets to 68 pilot and atomiser 128 main

Bike started first go then warmed up , started to adjust piot screw so will rev clean snapping the throttle no bog etc 3 ish turns out ,
only issue i have is the revs seem to hang at 3 k for a second before returning to idle .
Iv sprayed brake cleaner round the intake and crank seal not picking up so assume leak free

iv also checked the cable its not sticking or anything like that , one thing i did notice is the slide is worn at the point the idle screw meets it could this be pulling air ??

what slide needle jets extra do you advise
Driving me crazy

any advise guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all iv been rebuilding my 2004 rs125 for over a year now and the big fireup came yesterday,
Full engine rebuild all seals bearings crank barrel piston the works

Standard 28mm carb fully rebuilt new intake manifold , boyesen dual reeds ,
Has fuel tygra exhaust and original air box but panel filter , standard snorkel
off the advise from pj engineering i set the jets to 68 pilot and atomiser 128 main

Bike started first go then warmed up , started to adjust piot screw so will rev clean snapping the throttle no bog etc 3 ish turns out ,
only issue i have is the revs seem to hang at 3 k for a second before returning to idle .
Iv sprayed brake cleaner round the intake and crank seal not picking up so assume leak free

Iv checked cable extra no the issue
One thing i did notice is the slide is worn wear the adjuster screw touched for idle speed , could this be pulling air ??

any advise guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi is this a uk setting ? What is the standard jetting for exhaust and upgrade panel air filter also has the power-valve cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent mine is the 28mm Iv purchased and installed all new internals on the carb , im
Not sure why i was advised so rich if these are the standard jet sizes , ill have to buy some new jets and retry bit annoying

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2004 122 engine , fully rebuilt , full exhaust no cat with tygra exhaust. Standard airbox and snorkel, but has the pipercross filter .

carb
50 slide
. Pilot 68 and 68 atomiser tube
Needle x2
main jet 128
BN266 Atomiser
9.5 float
250 float needle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts