125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Aprilia RS125 that has just had a full rebuild after being off the road for a few years. It starts without choke and idles fine and I let it idle up to 55C before taking off. It takes off fine, but only gets about half a km before the engine dies. The road I'm on has a fair amount of traffic so I haven't got past 2nd gear yet. After pushing it home a couple of times, I've now worked out that if I let it sit for a couple of minutes, it will start again with full choke and run for 100m or so allowing me to ride it home eventually.

My first thought was to buy a new plug but that didn't help so I swapped the carb. It had a 34mm on after being rebuilt, so I've gone back to the standard 28mm that it was running before but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did it get rebuilt and what parts bud?
A local bike mechanic rebuilt it as a cash job on the side. He does good work, but he's just had an operation so he's out of action for 6 weeks or he would sort it out. The engine is stock except for a wossner forged piston and the 34mm carb. It already had an arrow exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fixed!!!

Just in case anyone finds this post later and has the same problem, it was a partial blockage in the fuel tap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts