125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello everyone, I came across this interesting service on EBAY, they make fibreglass parts for motercycles including cagiva mitos.

http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/fiberglass...6465675QQsofpZ0

Im not very knowledgeable, can anybody advise me on wether these parts are a good buy? Will they be able to slot onto the mito or will you need to drill holes and and mad stuff like that? I know the bike would need sprayed but im ignoring that as the main interest is getting the bike running again.

If I get my parts from cagiva its going to cost me ?1867.78, looking around is a good idea but im a bit fearfull that these parts on ebay arnt all they are cracked up to be.

Really appreciate any input

[edit]

Actually.... I think you need to drill the holes yourself... I am not capable of that task, but I would happilly pay somebody to do it for me

Thanks
Noel

·
Registered
85 Posts
Get scuffed,scratched 2nd hand original ones mate...Fibreglass is too weak and sh*t...

?1800!!! I paid 170 for 3 panels for the NSR
My bike has sustained a total of ?1800 in damage, that includes a whole host of metal components though. Im not bothered if its weaker than the materials used to build the normal cagiva parts, im not planning on getting involved in another hit & run for a while.

I would still like to hear what everyone else thinks.

Here is my damage list just for everyones amusement:

Front Panel Nose Cone Painted: ?343.48
Left Hand Mirror: ?52.36
Clutch Lever: ? 31.91
Bar End ?19.34
LH Handle Bar ?28.99
LH Fairing Middle & Lower: ?279.35
RH Fairing Middle & Lower: ?279.35
LH Complete Indicator Unit ?20.19
Gear Selector ?38.91
Seat Panel ?523.46

Total ?1867.78

We havent found out if the forks are gone yet.

·
Does not know Everything !
14,526 Posts
You could buy a shabby old mito for less than that.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Trevor; I believe the fairings from Red and Carpi are from the same manufacturer.

Anywho, racing plastic will usually build spider cracks in the paint over time because it's a more flexible substrate. It's a tradeoff though, to being flexible to avoid cracking, and being easily repaired. Not to mention you usually have to repaint the plastics before the cracks develop (a few years, depending on your rides).

·
125cc Sportsbikes Supporter
3,517 Posts
what they said, if your's are repairable it would be cheaper, you could get genuine second hand parts from the flea bay cheaper. mito mondo would be cheaper etc etc etc

the price quoted of ?1800 (or what ever it was) is big time ludicrous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.