125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
2 Strokes And I'm Happy
7,063 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Would it be possible to spin the barrels and pistons round and run the carbs on the front of the engine, allowing the pipes a clear underseat route out of there, Tularis style?

Jack
you can run an 350 lc motor in reverse,but the ypvs motor is alot harder and requires large amouts of re-engineering,though it has been done somewhere and fitted in a mito chasis.

more pics here :annads mito 350 board

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
you can run an 350 lc motor in reverse,but the ypvs motor is alot harder and requires large amouts of re-engineering,though it has been done somewhere and fitted in a mito chasis.

more pics here :annads mito 350 board
so how has he done (he dont see on the site) it then just turned the top end around this has got me thinking now lol

·
125cc Sportsbikes Supporter
1,293 Posts
bolts have to be re-located. transfers in the cranck cases have to match the cilinders transfers.
the back side of the engine is cut of to make it shorter, another way to fit the rd350 engine in a mito.
that means there is no kickstarter any more.

there is some work that needs to be done.

·
Registered
166 Posts
has anybody got CAD files for mounting kits please. I'm a bit of a gun at solidworks and a few boys here in OZ are keen for some kits. I might be able to work with other file extensions, can also use solidedge files easily.

So have any of you sorted out how to use stock forks with the 350 in it such that it handles well?? can you just change to stiffer springs and thicker oil??

with the wiring loom is it worth getting a full rd loom then installing/splicing that into the mito or do u have to go full custom loom from scratch?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Copied from BigWorms post:

gsxr k2 750 legs with spindle (also tried the gsxr100 legs gold type k2 and they fit)

gsxr carbon mudguard

gsxr1000 callipers k1/3(the 750 callipers will fit of course)

ducati 916 front wheel with discs

there you go happy hunting

the only engineering needed would be to have 1 spacer made to take up the space missing from the speedo drive
you dont have to touch the yokes
the gsxr spindle holds the wheel corectly from the other side
its been fun watching you all guessing

·
Registered
166 Posts
umm luke i have been following that thread.
i'm still concerned about the CAD, electrics and would like to leave the stock forks intact (mainily coz it keeps costs down)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
i bought a spare RD loom but basically stripped it down and made my own loom from the wires so i only really needed it for the connectors to the pv control box, reg rec, cdi and powervalve motor.

cheers wallie

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Bertie the stock forks are sh*te, there non adjustable and with the different wegith distribution they go all soft and soggy!

The problem stems from the fact that there is only 1 spring in the right hand side fork and just a damper in the leftside, to have them reworked your looking at at least 350 quid on the cheap!

41 - 60 of 97 Posts