125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
point taken nora. might have to start lookin for a new front end then.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hi

i was jus wonderin if ur 18.... how da hell can u justify riding a 350cc bike to the police, i.e if u ever get halted by em?

those guys are always lookin for reasons to screw u over jus cuz they had a sh*tty conv with their wife or gf..

·
Forum Troll
3,926 Posts
hi

i was jus wonderin if ur 18.... how da hell can u justify riding a 350cc bike to the police, i.e if u ever get halted by em?

those guys are always lookin for reasons to screw u over jus cuz they had a sh*tty conv with their wife or gf..
tbh most mebers on here have a full licence inc myself but tbh most police dont know anything about mnotorcycles and because its a 2 stroke the bike still doesnt sound like a large cc so because of the paneling aswell it goes unnoticed

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I want one, someone make me up some brackets lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I am looking into makin a ypvs mito for myself. If anyone has any advice or useful links plz let me no. Basically I own a mito n my crankseals maybe on their way out. So instead of rebuildin da engine I was lookin to replace it with a Rd350 YPVS engine. I wanted to get it stage 2 tuned by Stan Stephens, as I have searched off the Internet that it's a smoother ride set up. For the forks I was looking to put RS250 front forks (pre 1998 model wiv 3x17 rim to fit 120/60/17 tyre on front). For the rear shock I was thinking of a mito sp rear shock (adjustable). I was wonderin if there was anyone who could make custom exhausts to go under the seat like a ducati?? Also some engine mounting brackets?? Plz any advice or links will be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i want a 350 mito :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, im new to the forum and have been collecting bits over last year and a half, to start my mito 350 ypvs.

reading through posts i understand someone has been making engine brackets. im after a set or could somebody supply me with dimensions for them to save me the hard work of trial and error

will try and get some picks of my mito which is in a sorry state but ive got to start somewhere!

·
Registered
855 Posts
i've got to agree with everything you've said there nora,supension wise the front is too soft,rear is to hard(sorted somewhat with adjustable shock),i've had the same trouble with my rad clearence,i think the front wheel has hit the rad a couple of times under hard(emergency !)braking,i've got another rad now and i'm going to try to get it the right way round(might save me cutting some plastics aswell),the standard mito caliper works well enough for the road with some decent pads and a braided line.

my mito is nice and smooth but tends to suffer from a bit of squat and chatter under hard accel(esp on bumpy roads)some i've just redone my rear mounts and lowered the front sprocket,which should get rid of alot of these probs.
specials are alot of hard work,swearing,blood and tears but worth it in the end when it gathers a load of people round it when ever you park it up,it all makes a run of the mill bike a bit of a let down when you park them up or look round a bike meet

i had some probs with cooling aswell but mine turned out to be the water pump seal had gone and the water was filling the gaerbox,emptying the rad and making it behave very srangly temperature wise,runs fine now(65-70 constant when moving and 80 ish after about 5 mins in traffic)
When you say squat and chatter what do you mean by this? It is to do with the angle of the chain between sprockets?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
When you say squat and chatter what do you mean by this? It is to do with the angle of the chain between sprockets?
its the relationship between the front and rear sprockets an the swingarm pivot,ifs its not right the front sprocket almost trys to pull the rear sprocket towards itself,making the rear of the bike squat down under acceleration

61 - 80 of 97 Posts