125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner

So you want to put a 350 engine in your mito!

93K views 96 replies 38 participants last post by  mikeemoto 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
What does it ride like,is the frame,susp,brakes up to the job??
Do you have the measurements for those brackets you made up for the engine??
Was there any problems with the radiator in the end.
Did you have to make spacers up for the frame/swingarm/engine bolt.
Any help would be great as i want to do the same conversion.

#2 ·
Rides fantastic, well untill lately, its started to vibrate pretty bad so Im re doing the rear mount!

Suspension is no where near upto the job, with the extra weight the front end goes very soggy and soft and the rear becomes too hard, so because of this it runs wide in every corner, its took 2 weeks of suspension setting up to get it right, Ive got a fully adjustable rear shock on now and fook knows what weight oil on the front end!

Dunnmo about brakes as I never tried the std ones, but to give you an idea Ive got a 6 pot pretech caliper, ebc prolite disc and a brembo radial master cylinder and after a few hours riding hard up the lakes I boiled the fluid to the point where there was feck all braking! lol

Radiator turned out to be a nightmare, had to flip it around which leaves me with f*ck all clearence between the wheel under full load and the rad, infact I could of swore its hit it at least once! Cooling became a major issue, Ive ended up fitting a fan to try and keep it down, removed the thrmostat aswell, seems to be ok now but took 3 weeks to sort it!

Yep spacers have to be made for the all the mounts and swingarm, depends if your going to use the swingarm pivot as a mount as to whether how much detail you have to go in, I didnt so I can just use a plaiun spacer!

Its a cracking bike to ride and I love it but it can be an arse, p**s easy to get the engine in and running buy very hard to get the bike in a state where you can use it everyday and not have to worry, like I said Im not happy with my rear mounts so its getting redone this week!

Oh yeah modifying the plastics is a nightmare! lol

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
i've got to agree with everything you've said there nora,supension wise the front is too soft,rear is to hard(sorted somewhat with adjustable shock),i've had the same trouble with my rad clearence,i think the front wheel has hit the rad a couple of times under hard(emergency !)braking,i've got another rad now and i'm going to try to get it the right way round(might save me cutting some plastics aswell),the standard mito caliper works well enough for the road with some decent pads and a braided line.

my mito is nice and smooth but tends to suffer from a bit of squat and chatter under hard accel(esp on bumpy roads)some i've just redone my rear mounts and lowered the front sprocket,which should get rid of alot of these probs.
specials are alot of hard work,swearing,blood and tears but worth it in the end when it gathers a load of people round it when ever you park it up,it all makes a run of the mill bike a bit of a let down when you park them up or look round a bike meet

i had some probs with cooling aswell but mine turned out to be the water pump seal had gone and the water was filling the gaerbox,emptying the rad and making it behave very srangly temperature wise,runs fine now(65-70 constant when moving and 80 ish after about 5 mins in traffic)

#6 ·
sure you dont wanna find more material and make me some mounts?

#15 ·
arggggghhhhh all these 350 mitos so little money

#16 ·
you should seriously consider doing these conversions as a business Doug, get people to bring in their mito and charge them a fortune to fit it all. you cud make good money.

i have to admit, im not really into strokers, but id love to have one of those!

#18 ·
meh i think its time for a mito 350 photo competiton

#20 ·
hi rite nice conversions lad very impressed but im goin to have a go on me mrk2 luckey

but was wondering how much a set of mounts

need advise which is better to do the 250 rd or 350 wat power do these put out

also the site that nora put down on the main post i cant get it to translate to english p**sing me off

also if i keep bike geared to say 130mph top end wat do u rekon 0-60 time hopin about 3-4 seconds and to power wheelie like fuk

how hard wud it be to line up the chain cause thats the only thing that is worrying me

also moving the hight of the engine up a few cm can that throw out the handling of the bike

#22 ·
no its a kickstart.

#25 ·
wallie,cheers mate,your mk2 mounts are almost done,should hopefully be fitting and testing mine within the next couple of weeks(was still playing with the superduke,but i done the running in miles now and they can't service it till next wednesday
)

#28 ·
well i had mine running on both cylinders now (was only running on the left cylinder) i took the right carb off to inspect/adjust then remembered there is a nipple, im assuming for a vacuum pipe so i blocked it off and tadaaa it ran on both cylinders..... well chuffed! was extremly loud though with out exhausts lol

wallie

#39 ·
that's the plan.
other bike is 70hp at 135kg.
the track bike i am gonna tune to hell and leave all the heavy stuff of the bike such as:
headlight, subframe, wheels....
are there more heavy parts?
Is that actually weighed or going off the manufacturers claimed weight?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.