125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found an SP01 rolling chassis,is it going to be impossible to find all original parts? There's no clocks,no electrics,no carb,no rear shock and probably no fairing. I'm still not sure how much they want for it...I need some advice please,it will be much appreciated.Thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've found an SP01 rolling chassis,is it going to be impossible to find all original parts? There's no clocks,no electrics,no carb,no rear shock and probably no fairing. I'm still not sure how much they want for it...I need some advice please,it will be much appreciated.Thanks
Why don't you take a picture of it and post it on here ?

I'd say out of all the parts you've listed missing, it's likely to be the clocks that you'll struggle with. I'd say a rolling chassis is almost worthless because parts will cost you a fair bit to replace. If it's got no electrics, it probably fair to assume you've not heard the engine running either ?

To give you an idea of price, I paid £120 for a SP01 rolling chassis which was only missing the fairing, clocks & front light ( I think it had basically been crashed heavily). That included it being delivered to my house.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh right I see,they were wanting around £300 they said....there is no picture,I was talking to a bike breakers on eBay and asked him about GFRs,he said he had an SP01...it's only about 10 miles away from me,I could go look.

·
Registered
519 Posts
300 quid seems a lot for an incomplete bike that you've never heard running. I guess it depends on how badly you want one i guess. Factor in the fact that if the engine doesn't run, it'll cost you a small fortune to find parts for it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like one but would rather find a running GFR! I'm not going to bother with that SP01,not having clocks is one of the worst things for me because i'll probably never find more and then they won't be original!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts